New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What decent seps do you recommend for 4-6K budget?

Follow up question: where can i get them in paranaque, alabang area?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    pwede na ba sa iyo kicker seps 2.8k yung 4" sa banawe tapos yung sobra bili ka ng amp v12.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dabar View Post
    pwede na ba sa iyo kicker seps 2.8k yung 4" sa banawe tapos yung sobra bili ka ng amp v12.
    thanks dabar. Quite far but I'll check it out...

do i really need an amp right away? i was thinking of building my set-up one by one due to budget constraints...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Try to get the biggest speakers that wil fit your car. Baka mabitin ka sa 4 inch sep. Sayang naman kung upgrade ka ulit. You can power the seps with your HU but wont be able to use them to their potential until you power them with an amp.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Try to get the biggest speakers that wil fit your car. Baka mabitin ka sa 4 inch sep. Sayang naman kung upgrade ka ulit. You can power the seps with your HU but wont be able to use them to their potential until you power them with an amp.
    Thanks for helping out a noob Btw, i'm driving a Sentra GX 2005 model and I'm not sure what seps size to use. I have a preference towards SQ. My HU is Pioneer 4950. I guess this will have to power the seps for now. I'll have to save up before I purchase an amp...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sir bka gusto niyo jbl gto607c seps..ok sya 2munog..ky jefftan ko binili

sabi nga ng mga expert: mas maganda invest ka muna sa good amplifier.. tapos build your system around it.. tama ba sir jefftan?

bili ka muna ng mganda amp, tapos yung seps imatch mo sa amp na mabibili mo. ok naman yung targa na x652c seps, 1.8k lang, kaso kng gusto mo talaga branded seps iba usapan na yun.. hehe

hindi ma kasi magamit full potential ng seps mo kung di ka gagamit ng amp.
    Last edited by funkngruvn; July 29th, 2007 at 08:10 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    targa nalang tipid ka pa ganda tumunog nito

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    4-6K budget try:
    Crystal CSC60
    JBL GTO series
    Infinity Reference series (same company ng JBL)
    Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C seps
    Polk db650 coax

I heard the JBL it sounded pretty good. It was installed in well setup mazda. All the above are well known brands with good reputations. I've used a budget version Polk (ES series yata) before and it was a nice speaker.

Install plays a very important part of your system. A properly installed entry level speaker can sound better than a more expensive speaker thats not installed correctly.
    Last edited by userfriendly; July 29th, 2007 at 07:42 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hi funkngruvn/washburn, so i need to buy an amp first? coz I was using the sticky thread "set-up for beginners" as a guide and it suggests this purchase sequence: HU - seps - amp - sub and so on...

i'm not really particular to brands. i just want a system that works well together. I remember in one of the home theater forums, one guy said: "the system is only as good as its weakest link". i don't want to buy a great amp only to power a so-so sub or an entry level seps.

hi userfriendly/cyrusken, i also heard the jbl set-up on my colleague's civic, it sounded pretty good to me too. i agree, a good installation is very important.

jefftan seems to a popular fella in this forum. are his prices reasonable/negotiable? hehe where is his shop located?

thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
4-6K Budget for Seps?