New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pardon the high saturation setting of my monitor. Just noticed when i took the pictures.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    More shots.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by armattv View Post
    More shots.

May I know where exactly is this located?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    May I know where exactly is this located?
    The installer or the shots?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    The installer or the shots?

Sorry, I mean the location of the device. Did you replace the rear view mirror?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sorry, I mean the location of the device. Did you replace the rear view mirror?
    The new monitor was mounted over the original rear view mirror. Now while driving you can select the rear monitor to view your rear, at least you have a clear rear full view, no obstruction of back passengers. Same as what was installed on the new Nissan Terra.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    The new monitor was mounted over the original rear view mirror. Now while driving you can select the rear monitor to view your rear, at least you have a clear rear full view, no obstruction of back passengers. Same as what was installed on the new Nissan Terra.
    I hope you don't mind if you can take a couple of shots for the camera itself. I'd like to see how it is installed.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I hope you don't mind if you can take a couple of shots for the camera itself. I'd like to see how it is installed.
    Rear view cam typicaly installed on top of plate, front cam in between grille below toyota logo. Then side mirrors.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Rear view cam typicaly installed on top of plate, front cam in between grille below toyota logo. Then side mirrors.

Did they drill under the side mirror? I'd like to see how it was done. One more thing, where did you buy it where have you installed it? Thank you for your time.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Did they drill under the side mirror? I'd like to see how it was done. One more thing, where did you buy it where have you installed it? Thank you for your time.
    Just had this installed on my 2012 Fortuner last week, Unit was bought in Lazada. I had it installed by Garage Elements in Quezon City, they actually sell and install 360 degree Panorama camera around 17K++. My unit was made in China and cost around 6K. Installation cost is 3k including setup. But I had to re-calibrate the unit myself since the bird view image is distorted and not seamless since they don't have enough space to calibrate due to volume of clients. To re-calibrate, you need a calibrating cloth or tapes or you can improvise. You can search youtube for this. You need a bigger space to do the calibration, and Youtube helps a lot since the instruction manual supplied is written in Chinese, there is no english version thou you can set the language in english. Did my re-calibration in a parking lot where there are still few cars parked and to utilized the parking lines on each side of the car as well. Re-calibration will only take 10-15 minutes. First, had this connected on the auxiliary of my existing head unit. Since to view this mode you need to put your head unit on auxiliary mode, you can not view the system while your in radio mode, You cannot also view the system while in radio mode even thou it is connected to the AV input since the unit has only one trigger which is only for backing priority. this means while in radio mode only the rear camera can be viewed. New Navara has a separate monitor which is installed on the rear view mirror. I purchased a separate rear view monitor with 7" screen at Lazada and connected my system in this. Now i can play may radio and view my 360 Panorama cam at the same time.

Drilling needs to be done under the side mirrors. The item comes with a threading tube(drill bit) that exactly fits the cameras when you make a hole on your side mirrors. You need to remove the side mirrors to do the drilling. You need to remove the mirror to check on how you will position the cam without obstructing the movement of your side mirror. By the way, you may opt to buy those dash monitors instead of those mounted on the original rear view like mine. Good luck on your installation!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast