New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Hello. i'm a newbie here. I'm driving a 2015 Toyota vios 1.3 E. It comes with a touchscreen head unit na may manual of course. my question is, how can I make the most of this touchscreen headunit. I use it primarily to connect my phone through Bluetooth, for making/receiving calls and listening to music in my phone. The manual shows how you can connect your phone (both android and iPhone) however, the information are very limited and if you go to their website, it tells you to use an A/V adaptor and HDMI cable (for iPhone) but it didn't say what I should expect to see. can I see all apps there, such as if i'm using waze? I haven't bought apple A/V adaptor and HDMI cable, baka masayang lang din kasi kung ang functionalities lang na makukuha ko eh same as connecting through Bluetooth. problema lang sa Bluetooth, nawawala connection, sometimes, I cannot make or receive a call at a time that I need it most.
    I hope somebody can help me how i can maximize the functions and features of the said touchscreen headunit.
    appreciate your help. Thank you in advance!

P.S.
    The updated iOS has new feature, which is Carplay, although it doesn't connect, so no use for now.
    thanks again.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ccan View Post
    Hello. i'm a newbie here. I'm driving a 2015 Toyota vios 1.3 E. It comes with a touchscreen head unit na may manual of course. my question is, how can I make the most of this touchscreen headunit. I use it primarily to connect my phone through Bluetooth, for making/receiving calls and listening to music in my phone. The manual shows how you can connect your phone (both android and iPhone) however, the information are very limited and if you go to their website, it tells you to use an A/V adaptor and HDMI cable (for iPhone) but it didn't say what I should expect to see. can I see all apps there, such as if i'm using waze? I haven't bought apple A/V adaptor and HDMI cable, baka masayang lang din kasi kung ang functionalities lang na makukuha ko eh same as connecting through Bluetooth. problema lang sa Bluetooth, nawawala connection, sometimes, I cannot make or receive a call at a time that I need it most.
    I hope somebody can help me how i can maximize the functions and features of the said touchscreen headunit.

P.S.
    The updated iOS has new feature, which is Carplay, although it doesn't connect, so no use for now.
    thanks again.
    hmmm. i think your sales agent may help you with that.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ccan View Post

P.S.
    thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    I think it's an OEM. The headunit is made by Panasonic, i think, based on the manual, made for Toyota Vios. So the agent has limited information as well. It has an HDMI port, USB, Bluetooth. I just wished I can view in that headunit everything in my phone.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    I think it's an OEM. The headunit is made by Panasonic, i think, based on the manual, made for Toyota Vios. So the agent has limited information as well. It has an HDMI port, USB, Bluetooth. I just wished I can view in that headunit everything in my phone.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    based on your description....

HDMI - probably you can connect a video player there, or a laptop with HDMI connection..... not sure though. i dont think reverse sensor cameras use the HDMI port....

USB is for playing music stored in a flash drive. but definitely, you cannot use that to store documents.
    BT is used to connect your phone for playing music, and taking and making calls.

viewing the unit in your phone? will not work though.... limited lang functionalities nyan.
    carplay will not work. it is only made for specific models for specific cars.
    much better if you have the time to explore.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

HDMI - probably you can connect a video player there, or a laptop with HDMI connection, or a PS3/PS4 perhaps.... not sure though. but who wants to play PS4 in a car.... hehehehehe. i dont think reverse sensor cameras use the HDMI port....

USB is for playing music stored in a flash drive. but definitely, you cannot use that to store documents.
    BT is used to connect your phone for playing music, and taking and making calls.

viewing the unit in your phone? will not work though.... limited lang functionalities nyan.

nope.... you cannot use waze there..... dapat may GPS receiver ka for that kung direcho sa HU ang labas ng navigation mo.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; October 26th, 2015 at 03:38 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2015

HDMI - probably you can connect a video player there, or a laptop with HDMI connection, or a PS3/PS4 perhaps.... not sure though. but who wants to play PS4 in a car.... hehehehehe. i dont think reverse sensor cameras use the HDMI port....

nope.... you cannot use waze there..... dapat may GPS receiver ka for that kung direcho sa HU ang labas ng navigation mo.
    Okay thank you. perhaps calls lang talaga pwede maintegrate dun. thank you for explaining further :-)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    glad to be of help.
    just an added note..... stock HUs are meant to be stock HUs with limited capability..... pinaganda lang itsura nyan compared to the usual 1DIN units na nakasanayan natin before.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    glad to be of help.
    just an added note..... stock HUs are meant to be stock HUs with limited capability..... pinaganda lang itsura nyan compared to the usual 1DIN units na nakasanayan natin before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2015 Toyota Vios Touchscreen headunit