New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Hello, Everyone.

Is it possible to install a 2015 (or newer) Toyota Fortuner touchscreen head unit into a 2018 Rav4?

I prefer my touchscreen head unit with buttons and knobs. Not really a fan of the Andoid ones we see these days.
    I can opt to go for aftermarket brands like Pioneer, Sony, Nakamichi, etc., but i'd like to explore the OEM options first
    Unfortunately, I cannot find orig touch screen head unit for Gen4 Rav4, used or brand new

have any of you tried this or has knowledge you may share?

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    hmmm, you want to install the headunit of a 6 year old car to your Rav4...

Not sure if the mounts will work without any modifications.

Do you have an extra Fortuner head unit at home?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Better go aftermarket as you have more options. Also, most older OEM or out of the factory head units are pretty basic in features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoAlphaDelta View Post
    Hello, Everyone.

Is it possible to install a 2015 (or newer) Toyota Fortuner touchscreen head unit into a 2018 Rav4?

I prefer my touchscreen head unit with buttons and knobs. Not really a fan of the Andoid ones we see these days.
    I can opt to go for aftermarket brands like Pioneer, Sony, Nakamichi, etc., but i'd like to explore the OEM options first
    Unfortunately, I cannot find orig touch screen head unit for Gen4 Rav4, used or brand new

have any of you tried this or has knowledge you may share?

thanks!
    ditto!
    my 2003 altis sports a replacement pioneer, c/o previous owner. it's good, naman, but i prefer the oem.
    i've been looking for the original oem head unit for some time now.
    yes, i know it's pretty basic, with real easy-to-press mechanical buttons and all, and i like its "it belongs" design.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Anyone going w/ Android should at least get Joying. Better than Android Auto, which it has, & comes w/ CarPlay, too. Joying uses Intel & the latest ones are pretty smooth.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    hmmm, you want to install the headunit of a 6 year old car to your Rav4...

Not sure if the mounts will work without any modifications.

Do you have an extra Fortuner head unit at home?

All I see available online are from 2015 - 2017 Fortuner models. I was thinking, maybe if I can make it to fit, it would look better on my dash. Out of the factory look. -which I prefer better.

I agree with you, skeptical about the mounting brackets.

but if I'm going to take a guess, I say the wiring harness are the same. I gather, the internals of Rav4 2018 model has not changed since 2013. should fit with other Toyota models... I guess?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ditto!
    my 2003 altis sports a replacement pioneer, c/o previous owner. it's good, naman, but i prefer the oem.
    i've been looking for the original oem head unit for some time now.
    yes, i know it's pretty basic, with real easy-to-press mechanical buttons and all, and i like its "it belongs" design.

my guy!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Anyone going w/ Android should at least get Joying. Better than Android Auto, which it has, & comes w/ CarPlay, too. Joying uses Intel & the latest ones are pretty smooth.

Thank you, good sir!
    I have not heard of Joying until now. Will surely take this into consideration. I'll look it up now

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by EchoAlphaDelta View Post
    Thank you, good sir!
    I have not heard of Joying until now. Will surely take this into consideration. I'll look it up now
    Joying's popular in the US, got make/model-specific kits, adapters/bezels that take their universal ones & plugNplay harnesses...plus great support!
    Here's 1 a bud DIY'd recently...priced right between hobo & branded. Smooth & audio-wise, an upgrade over the OE by Pioneer.