New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Kamusta mga kababayan? So im planning to upgrade my stock radio since it dont have Aux plug and i really want to listen to my music on my ipod, im planning to get this stereo from this store JVC 2-DIN KWR500 Car Stereo | Canadian Tire

do you guys think this will work? is there any special cable that i need to buy?i wanted to install it on my own sinced i watched how simple to removed and install new stereo from youtube, im really a noob about this and im avoiding the laborcost dahil sobrang mahal d2 sa canada.. any advice is really appreciated.. thanks guys in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    if you can buy the cable adaptor that will match your HU with your car thats better... plug and play.. but if not, you will need to splice the wirings... you will need a volt meter and a AAA battery..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda ah....

4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    if you can buy the cable adaptor that will match your HU with your car thats better... plug and play.. but if not, you will need to splice the wirings... you will need a volt meter and a AAA battery..
    sorry for being a noob, what kind of cable connector do i need to buy? is it the wire harness?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yes the harness coz your OEM HU and your aftermarket HU does not have the same female connector.. you need the harness that will accept your vehicle male connector to your aftermarket HU...

or if its not available, you will need to splice your vehicle harness to connect your HU cable... its easy if you know basic electronics

6. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    yes the harness coz your OEM HU and your aftermarket HU does not have the same female connector.. you need the harness that will accept your vehicle male connector to your aftermarket HU...

or if its not available, you will need to splice your vehicle harness to connect your HU cable... its easy if you know basic electronics
    Is it easy as plug and play if i buy wiring harness? I dont want to splice any wiring yet in my wifes's car unless im really sure about what i am doing. And im actually trying to avoid the labor cost here,and paying for installation would be the last resort. Thanks for the response though.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yes it is plug and play...if you can buy that harness.. if not splicing the wires is the only way...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    yes it is plug and play...if you can buy that harness.. if not splicing the wires is the only way...
    Ok good to know,someone said that i need probably an antenna adapter,how should i know kng may naka install na sken since i saw sa roof ng car na may anttena so im assuming na may adapter na sha installed? Am i right?