New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    2 pairs of targa x-150

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ask different car audio installers about your question and audition different setups to know what you like. know also your budget.

i currently have 1 targa 12" (underpowered by 1 fenton amp). i like how it sounds and its price (limited choices because of budget constraints).

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    What brand would you guys recommend for boom boom but at a resonable price?

for budget setups - Targa, Aura

Next in line - Crystal, JBL

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    phoenix gold

if i were you, try to audition all the subs you like. then choose the one which soothes your hearing preference the most.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Generally the larger ones can travel slower and farther, hence can potentially be louder and can go deeper (20Hz). But anything louder can easily be distorted. So it's a question always between SPL and SQ. Two subs move more air, hence they make louder bass if that's what you're after. But just to hear regular bass, one sub (mono) is fine because most humans can't hear low frequencies in stereo.

And yes, I use one 10" sub just so I can hear decent bass. Most of the music I listen to don't have too much < 50Hz bass.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjip
    Which is better?2 12"subs 2 10"subs or one 15"sub?I want boom boom.and what brand do you guys prefer?
    if you want just boom boom, then the obvious choice would be the 15" (maybe 2 of them ). the bigger subs go deeper and slower so they tend to roll (boooooooommmmmmm) which many prefer. as for which brand? i've had good experiences with JL Audio.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    How about Kicker Solobaric?Is it the best?Like 2 12"?im doing research for future setup.

Kickers are more boom, than clarity... it all boils down to your preference. However if you want the best of both worlds - boom and clarity go JL.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yup thats what ive heard about kicker they boom but are not the clearest..Ive heard DLS and JL are pretty good..Will 2 12" DLS or JL's sound better than 2 solobarics?I prefer clear and boom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
15&quot; 12&quot; 10&quot;?