New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    mga sir saan po kaya tayo makakakuha ng surplus alt for bigbody gli 1.6? at magkano kaya?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by arjay07 View Post
    mga sir saan po kaya tayo makakakuha ng surplus alt for bigbody gli 1.6? at magkano kaya?
    marami jan sa auto parts stores, surplus as well as brand new.
    banawe, evangelista, etc.
    even the electrical and alternator repair shops have them, even if they do not display them.
    one just has but to ask.

btw,
    have you considered repairing yours, instead of buying another one? it can be done, po. de-cajon lang ang repair niyan. they even have trade-in arrangements.
    yock's has been mentioned several times here, from "satisfied costumers".

if you are cebu... can't help you there. i don't even know where the magellan monument is.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 12th, 2019 at 09:49 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    marami jan sa auto parts stores, surplus as well as brand new.
    banawe, evangelista, etc.
    even the electrical and alternator repair shops have them, even if they do not display them.
    one just has but to ask.

btw,
    have you considered repairing yours, instead of buying another one? it can be done, po. de-cajon lang ang repair niyan. they even have trade-in arrangements.
    yock's has been mentioned several times here, from "satisfied costumers".

if you are cebu... can't help you there. i don't even know where the magellan monument is.
    heh heh.
    kelangan po magpalit sir for audio set up po ang purpose eh.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by arjay07 View Post
    kelangan po magpalit sir for audio set up po ang purpose eh.
    Ang laki naman ng audio setup mo? Pwede ka na mag welding nyan..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Ang laki naman ng audio setup mo? Pwede ka na mag welding nyan..
    Hahahah grabe sa welding 120 amps alternator for corolla bigbody120 amps alternator for corolla bigbody

Btt

Bakit di mo na lang dainin Bro sa Dami ng gel type battery or pwede ka mag add ng booster para matagal malobat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Ilan ba normal rating ng alternator sa car?
    70-80amps?

Baka malusaw wires..

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Ilan ba normal rating ng alternator sa car?
    70-80amps?

Baka malusaw wires..

Yup that's around the average size of a typical 1.6 engine car alternator. Wala naman malulusaw diyan if you decide to upgrade to a High Output alternator. The alternator's current works on demand, so if you see a alternator rated at 80Amperes it doesn't mean it is constantly putting out 80A, it simply means that you can get (demand) a maximum of 80Amps on that alternator.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by markygy View Post
    Yup that's around the average size of a typical 1.6 engine car alternator. Wala naman malulusaw diyan if you decide to upgrade to a High Output alternator. The alternator's current works on demand, so if you see a alternator rated at 80Amperes it doesn't mean it is constantly putting out 80A, it simply means that you can get (demand) a maximum of 80Amps on that alternator.
    Thanks.
    Pero that means since it can output more, the standard wiring awg rating might not handle the full load demanded?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Thanks.
    Pero that means since it can output more, the standard wiring awg rating might not handle the full load demanded?

It will only output more if there is a load that demands the extra amperage. If your car's whole electrical system needs (demands) 50amps to operate and you have a 80amp alterantor, 50amps lang ang bibigay nang alternator mo since ito lang ang demand. If you want to get the whole 80amps that your alternator is capable of, mag add ka nang load/demand, accessories.
    Remember that any given electrical component will only draw as much amperage as it needs to operate.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by markygy View Post
    It will only output more if there is a load that demands the extra amperage. If your car's whole electrical system needs (demands) 50amps to operate and you have a 80amp alterantor, 50amps lang ang bibigay nang alternator mo since ito lang ang demand. If you want to get the whole 80amps that your alternator is capable of, mag add ka nang load/demand, accessories.
    Remember that any given electrical component will only draw as much amperage as it needs to operate.
    But TS wants to upgrade because of his sound setup.
    So added load on top of the existing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast