New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    BMW has launched the Project i, which aims at introducing a new breed of cars into the market. The new line of cars features a developed design, and the cars are said to be fuel-efficient and eco-friendly. The new line of cars will redefine the concept of mobility. The goal is to combine efficiency and dynamics. However, on the arrival of these vehicles, they are expected to be really expensive. In 2013, BMW is expected to release BMW i3 and BMW i8. And in 2015, it is said to release BMW i4 and BMW i5.

BMW continuously improves their vehicles, just like all the other automobile manufacturing companies do. BMW's Project i is currently designing lightweight cars with modern aerodynamic and fuel-efficient features. New automotive technologies are being developed to come up with high performance cars that are environmentally friendly. It seems as though that the quest of car companies to come up with fuel-efficient cars is a never-ending business. The fuel-efficient tagline will always be expected in the next generation of cars. In fact, today's new cars do boast lower fuel consumption for the same mileage than older cars.

BMW introduces the LifeDrive concept, which changes the architecture of future BMW cars. The new cars feature separate modules. One is the Drive Module, which is made of an aluminum frame that forms the solid structure of the automobile. The Drive module is where the battery and drive system can be found. The LifeDrive architecture incorporates the battery into the car's structure. The battery is the heaviest device in a car, and its placement affects the center of gravity of the car. A low center of gravity gives vehicles a good stability while on the road.

Chatswood Cars Properties Local Businesses Cars Properties Local Businesses

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Wow galing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Nice thread..

Btw anu meaning ng bmw?.. Bkt sobrang mahal ng mga sasakyan

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitokid20 View Post
    Nice thread..

Btw anu meaning ng bmw?.. Bkt sobrang mahal ng mga sasakyan
    Bayerische Motoren Werke aka Bavarian Motor Works.

They're expensive because people buy them for the branding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bayerische Motoren Werke aka Bavarian Motor Works.

They're expensive because people buy them for the branding.

And Quality jut?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    And Quality jut?

I'd further dissect quality to two things - fit and finish, as well as durability.

In terms of fit and finish, Germans are really a class above everyone else. The closest cheap Japs that could match the Germans would be the Mazda 2 and 3, but iba pa rin talaga.

Durability wise, these Germans are one-upped by the Japs. Perhaps it's because they don't design their cars for conditions as harsh as what we have in our tropical hell hole.

Still, I'm eyeing for a fresh E46 or E39 one of these days. Di bale nang money pit, masaya namang toy car. 😂

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Pretty interesting thread.

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Leno View Post
    Pretty interesting thread.
    Nice thread. Thanks for sharing to us.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by leoparker990 View Post
    Nice thread. Thanks for sharing to us.
    To be honest, I really didn't know what BMW stands for, if I didn't found this post, perhaps I never knew it. Lol.. By the way, just want to ask, which is better BMW or Honda Civic? Please share your ideas guys. My grandpa in the US wants to buy a new one there, it's either of that two both brands so that he will have a service one wherever he want to go.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    One thing that has been a learning curve for me is understanding all the nomenclatures of the generations and engine types. Someone linked me to a blog that talks about generations briefly, however, I am still confused as to how to know which engine the car I want to buy has (i.e. N54, N55, so on). Is there a guide out there that lists the model of the car, generation, and engine type? Are there ways or characteristics that define each one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast