New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    can anyone recommend good dealer and brands for TIRES? original tires were Pirellis....but these didn't last long...

so am wondering if anyone knows of better options than these Pirellis and Michelins , those which would last longer in our manila climate and rode conditions....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by celtpinoy View Post
    can anyone recommend good dealer and brands for TIRES? original tires were Pirellis....but these didn't last long...

so am wondering if anyone knows of better options than these Pirellis and Michelins , those which would last longer in our manila climate and rode conditions....
    they are sme of the best tires already IMO. what is your tire size sir? Try to check the traction and thread wear data on your old tires. Better get traction A/B then thread wear of 500 and up.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    what car and tire size? DO you do normal city driving or a lot of highway runs?
    If just city driving, almost any name brand tire will do. I like Bridgestone and Yokohamas. I hate Dunlops, had bad experiences with their tires. Goodyears are ok for daily driver, my car has stock Goodyear GT5, they work but are noisy. Had Michellin Energy MX before, expensive tires and had one blow out for no reason. Sidewall blew out during a u-turn in edsa.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I'd still recommend Michelins --- Pilot Super Sport.

I had Pilot Precedas on my MB before and I was happy on its handling, both wet and dry conditions. Ok din tire consumption to as long as no issues ka sa camber/alignment/suspension. Lasted me mga 3 years.

IMHO, tires are one of the critical safety items of a car. It's worth investing on them --- on reputable brands.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    my ride requires the 235 55 R17 specs...

can't find exact MICHELIN specs for these here in MANILA...

so am checking out other brands....

where can one get good priced YOKOHAMAS or BRIDGESTONES here?

what's the problem with DUNLOPs?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    what's wrong with the DUNLOPS?

are KUMHOs and FALKENs any better?

235 55 R17 are my tire specs.... am disgruntled with the PIRELLIs....they didn't last more than 4 years with only 20K mileage....

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by celtpinoy View Post
    what's wrong with the DUNLOPS?

are KUMHOs and FALKENs any better?

235 55 R17 are my tire specs.... am disgruntled with the PIRELLIs....they didn't last more than 4 years with only 20K mileage....
    There was a time when almost all our cars were equipped with Dunlops. My old van had 3 Dunlops go oblong and 4th had a bukol. My fathers car tire all had bukols. My cousin had a Dunlop blow out at Star toll.

20K milage is very low to wear out tires. Have your suspension checked for problems.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I would even prefer Falken than Dunlop.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanks for the tip USERFRIENDLY.....will definitely scratch DUNLOPs out of my list....

my suspensions are ok....just went through a maintenance II and even had it rechecked at SERVITEK.... both shops say that the tires were just getting OLD.....shucks is 4 years really pushing it?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    FALKENS ? hmmmm... can you recommend any TIRE DEALERS for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tire replacement options