New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I currently only have wheel covers / hub caps on my 320i and I'm looking to upgrade to 16" OR 18" alloy rims. I have 16" run on flat wheels but a friend suggested that if I were to upgrade, go for the 18" set. Klassik quoted the star spoke for P160k and another set including tires at P220k. Does it really cost that much? Know where I can get a better deal? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can try Tire-Rack in Greenhills, or that place in Banaue (that used to e A-Toys...) I think they carry rims for European cars.

And yes, buying rims at the dealership really costs that much... especially since the tires are run-flats. You might as well get a set outside with regular tires and keep one of your current set as a spare... but if you don't want to sacrifice trunk space, you can buy a can of fix-a-flat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Its a BMW, I guess they are really that expensive.
    Which star-spoke costs P160K?
    E90 alloy wheel options

E92 alloy wheel options

PS: That reminds me, I read that the new base 318i 2.0(replaces the 316i) and 320i now have 16 inch alloys as standard.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to the world of BMW car parts and mods. anything that's made specifically for our cars is astronomically expensive. although there's very few cars that look better than a 3-series on 18 or 19 inch multi-piece wheels

the factory wheel options are much more expensive than better options you can find on the aftermarket. is mail order from another country an option for you?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've seen the star-spoked 230 on the 120d, they're the best looking rims, IMHO, for the 1-series or 3-series.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Check out this site to give you an idea. I like 17" "tuner-look" style 160 from the E90.

http://crass.on.ru/bmw/wheels/

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    style 162 is the best imo... yeah dont get anything less than 18" na. u dont hav to buy orig rims naman e. basta something na bagay with ur e90 ayus na.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Im selling my stock style-156's, 16" with run flat tires...give me best offer 0920-9230098

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Most pcd 5 x 120s fit BMWs....go for the 18" x 8" wheels with 225/40 x 18 Tires. 19" wheels will require 35 series tires and with the road condition in the Phils it will not be a wise choice. If this car is not your daily ride and just drive it when the road is not wet and you can see all the potholes then this will really look great in your car. There are cheap 18" wheels made in Taiwan costing just under P50k...and you should not spend more than P80k for the set with tires. If your are ready to spend over P150k then go for the AC Shnitzer wheels. These are better looking than the BMW dealer wheels. Buy wheels with a machined lips so it can be easily repaired when you curb it. Be prepared for a bumpier ride and to protect your wheels from pothole damage, inflate the tires to at least 30psi....if you can just lower the ride a bit say 2" it will be awesome.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when i had the same problem with our 1-series, i found out there is only one style that would fit perfectly the original 195/55R16 run-flat tires on 6.5J x 16 wheels, style 139 ... the other 16-inchers have slightly different widths (J-specs), requiring slightly different tire size for a perfect fit

so if you prefer to use the original runflat tires, find the wheel with proper width ... a mismatch of width might be dangerous at high speed spirited driving ... surely you'd be tempted to experience the top speed of your car don't you?

Recommend rims for 2007 320i please?