New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    kung e46 at the age of the car mag expect ka na may mga maintenance items ka malamang sa sigurado. with small displacement bnw's check that the oil has been changed often. even if condition based service started with the e90 prone sa sludge if kulang sa oil change. tingnan mo ilalim ng oil cap. check also plastic parts lalo na sa radiator at its age dapat napalitan na for your peace of mind.

yung gauge cluster mo kun pundi ang pixels alam ko pwede ka mag surplus. sa ibang bansa na re repair nila yan di ko alam kung mayroon sa atin. if broken ang odometer you can double check that with a obd scanner. mileage on the dash are taken from the wheels mayroon seperate mileage counter din sa body control module taken from the transmission. they will not match 100% pero they should be close.

ayaw mo ng straight-6 na bmw? after all forte nila yun noon dun sila sumikat?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    kung e46 at the age of the car mag expect ka na may mga maintenance items ka malamang sa sigurado. with small displacement bnw's check that the oil has been changed often. even if condition based service started with the e90 prone sa sludge if kulang sa oil change. tingnan mo ilalim ng oil cap. check also plastic parts lalo na sa radiator at its age dapat napalitan na for your peace of mind.

yung gauge cluster mo kun pundi ang pixels alam ko pwede ka mag surplus. sa ibang bansa na re repair nila yan di ko alam kung mayroon sa atin. if broken ang odometer you can double check that with a obd scanner. mileage on the dash are taken from the wheels mayroon seperate mileage counter din sa body control module taken from the transmission. they will not match 100% pero they should be close.

ayaw mo ng straight-6 na bmw? after all forte nila yun noon dun sila sumikat?
    Not just these. Generally, never expect euros to age as well as nippons. Issues you've never heard of will happen & the common ones, sooner. Headliners will sag. Fuel pumps, pressure regulators, thermostats, rubber components, gaskets/seals seem engineered to last just beyond warranty. Electronics & diagnostics are mostly proprietary, designed for dealership dependence. And, they're more complex to work on. To access everything under the engine bay, most have to be put on service mode where the front bumper & frame gotta be off. They're DIYable....but not as simple as nippons of the same age.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Is Volvo still considered as Euro?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Is Volvo still considered as Euro?
    Of course, despite its owners are now Chinese (Geely).

Rover and Jaguar are both Euro brands but now owned by Tata (Indian).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Of course, despite its owners are now Chinese (Geely).

Rover and Jaguar are both Euro brands but now owned by Tata (Indian).

But MG just can't be anymore[emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Lexus IS na lang. Hehehe

+1 on the Lexus IS. The IS350 not just better looking and modern than the E46, it's also throws the 4 cylinder E46s out in the water with it's 3.5L V6 engine. Plus it has easy to find parts. since it shares the engine with Toyota models like Alphard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12