New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Let's face it...here Audi's aren't anywhere close to BMWs in popularity. In other countries its otherwise...Even the Germans prefer Audi over BMW. And people acknowlege that Audi has been dominant in the track...Winning almost every Le Mans in the past...what 6 years or so?

Inventing quattro which creamed the competition during the 80s in almost every rally race...

Is it marketing over product?

I wonder why most every juan dela cruz would still like a BMW...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    because, Beemers are actually more exposed than Audi.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Marketing and distribution base. BMW dealerships far out number Audi dealerships. BMW has always had good marketing strategies and its probably the reason why BMW and MB often run 1 and 2 when it comes to sales in the luxury end of the business.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Marketing and positioning!! Parang jollibee lang yan di pa marunong mag sabi ng daddy at mommy ang bata JABI na agad pag nakita yung mascot ng jolibee. Tayo naman di pa nakaka graduate ng high school BEE EHM na tayo ng BEE EHM!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    BMW has good marketing & a solid product that makes people envy the driver. ;)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Last edited by Monseratto; June 22nd, 2006 at 10:51 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I don't know. I actually prefer Audi.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Para lang to try out, nag-test-drive kami ng A6 mga 1998 or 1999. The feel was pretty far from my BMW. Parang mas matagtag... kinda like an 850 series Volvo yung ride. It was also kinda nervous around corners. Malayong malayo sa E34 ko. In arangkada naman, talo sya sa mga MB and later model BMW namin.

So, we said no thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Take into consideration also maintenance, service, and aftermarket (third party) support. BMW has a stronger network.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I think racing success only plays a part in a car brand's image. Because if not, then Renault should also be dominating the world car sales chart.

Its true that Audis are quite popular in Germany (I see alot of A3 and A4 Avants) and in the UK but over here in Asia, it seems the opposite. My friends general impression on Audi is that quality is so-so and second hand value quite poor.

Personally, I find the A4 Avants quite cool but I find the space a tad small..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
If Audi has a better recent race history that BMW why do people like BMWs?