New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    hey guys according to my dealer they don't have available HID's for the fog lamps and is currently searching from their main office pa... I really want to get additional lighting but according to my SA it will void the electrical warranty of my car... sigh....

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jonzjitsu View Post
    hey guys according to my dealer they don't have available HID's for the fog lamps and is currently searching from their main office pa... I really want to get additional lighting but according to my SA it will void the electrical warranty of my car... sigh....
    Use OSRAM FOG BREAKER. Direct bulb replacement, no warranty issue.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Double post.....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    And why are you putting HIDs in your fogs?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Just want to add a little more clarity on the road, I've passed by other bimmers that has done this so far none of them produces glares

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Look for "gary q" here in tsikot. He can retrofit for you.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by koji kabuto View Post
    Look for "gary q" here in tsikot. He can retrofit for you.
    By retrofit you mean the modification of the lamps itself? It will void my warranty best that I could do for now is use HID's or the osram though the osram bulb is only halogen and would not really give that much clarity

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    By retrofit you mean the modification of the lamps itself? It will void my warranty best that I could do for now is use HID's or the osram though the osram bulb is only halogen and would not really give that much clarity
    U didnt understand what he said. Look for garyq for HID retrofitting.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    The FOG BREAKER is 60% more light (according to OSRAM) and its about 2800K-2900K. It should be good enough for your foglamps.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    If you put HIDs in them (say 35w HID) and the fog housing is only built for <27w of power, then it will melt or burn you bowl/housing which is gonna be a big issue with warranty.

See? The lesser of two evils would be to do a proper HID fog retrofit if you really want added lightning on road (besides your headlights).
    Warrany might be voided or not, but in the end you chose the best option there is.

And if you don't want your warranty voided, just put the osram alternative. Again, be wary of the wattage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast