New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    help please.... what could be the possible problem of my bmw 316i?

spark plug already replaced... still black smoke is coming out....

help bimmer team!! tnx

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Black smoke means there is a problem with your air fuel ratio. You are burning too much fuel. Pa service mo na agad. Theres a great BMW shop at E Rodriguez Ave near Cubao coming from T. Morato.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    too rich a mixture? have the AFM serviced

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i think may part sa engine na contaminated with water. siguro nababasa pag nagpapa-engine wash ka. nakalimutan ko lang kung ano tawag dun, pero square silver metal with black rubber lining. sa car ko, located sa right portion of the engine bay. have it replaced, di na daw repairable yun basta contaminated na.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    may i also add that there might be a problem with the TPS (throttle position sensor). that makes the idling go up and down. if there is a lot of gunk there, the computer cannot tell the throttle body on whether it should open or close. most likely you consume a lot of fuel as well?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I've had this problem before, the worst that could happen is that you'll need to replace you MAF sensor, that's the thing that's connected to your air box. I was able to have somebody fix it the first time it happened but after a year I had to replace it altogether. The part cost around 30 - 35k online, but i was able to find a used one that cost me 7k.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Or maybe it's the fuel pump.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    pare 100% yung air mass flow mo sira na. it will cost you around 20-30k to replaced it. but if you want i can fix it. you may reach me at 941 26 51 or on my mobile 09196391626 look for Dondie. its a common problem on 316's

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    how can you fix it?....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    it can be fixed by opening the black box and fixing the circuits inside. I had mine fixed the first time, it lasted a year before giving in again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP please!!! my BMW 316i RPM is fluctuating and black smoke coming out....