New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I wanna upgrade/change the suspension of my E36 to have a better, softer and more comfortable ride.

The car is on stock suspension and 17inch, 45 series wheels.

Any suggestions on what to do?

(I dont want to change the rims)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Seriously? Change the rims.

You can spend on uprated Bilstein shocks and new stock-spec springs... this will make the ride more controlled and less crashy, but it still won't ride as smooth as it would if you had stock-sized rims and 50 or 55 series tires.

(No, don't put 55-series tires on the 17s... that won't work).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Change the wheels to 15s or 16s. The ride comfort will improve.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the replies.

I want to keep the 17s because 15s don't look good.

I have it checked and some bushings, rods, etc are worn out. Will also replace the shocks na din to brand new stock specs.

The car shall be used for daily long drives via STAR Toll thats why I want to have a comfortable drive back home during the afternoon.

--
    One shop offered me an air suspension system, but it was expensive for me and I have no idea about air suspension. So I'll just try to replace everything to brand new stock condition (except the rims, I love my rims. The 15s are just sitting in the garage if i really need them.)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Get KW coilover shocks it changed my "matagtag" impression of coilovers. It will also eliminate that "boaty" feeling.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    try sachs performance, the OEM of BMW shocks. we do have one more stock here at shop. try to call us, heres our number 516-2923/775-1270/749-8427 look for jason. thx.

E36 316i Comfort Suspension Set-up