New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    LONDON, August 29 (newratings.com) – DaimlerChrysler AG (DCX.ETR) and BMW AG may seek legal action over Chinese-made vehicles that they claim are copies of their own models, according to the Financial Times on Wednesday.

The Financial Times said DaimlerChrysler would consider taking some action if Chinese carmaker Shuanghuan Automobile displayed its model Noble at next month's Frankfurt motor show. The newspaper added that DaimlerChrysler believes Noble closely resembles its Smart Fortwo minicar. BMW is considering taking legal action against the German importer of Shuanghuan’s "CEO" model, claiming that it closely resembles a discontinued version of its X5 sports utility vehicle.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The music of their video is nice.... :D

WBR,

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    it looks like a cross breed between a 2nd gen CRV and the previous gen X5

but seriuosly, i'm surprised they are only starting to make noises now when the chinese carmakers have been copying design after the other from the established car firms.

i guess now they're seeing the effect partnering with local chinese firms is doing just to get a foot hold of the huge chinese market. IPR protection is basically thrown out the window.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think hindi naman kamukhang kamukha.
    If they say its "Closely Resembles" Dont you think all cars are closely resembled to each other??

Maybe its like the white people see chinese. They say they all look alike
    And the Chinese says white men all look alike.

I guess those Germans are just scared at the Chinese.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    I think hindi naman kamukhang kamukha.
    If they say its "Closely Resembles" Dont you think all cars are closely resembled to each other??

Maybe its like the white people see chinese. They say they all look alike
    And the Chinese says white men all look alike.

I guess those Germans are just scared at the Chinese.
    No i don't think all cars closely resemble each other. take the front clip of that suv off and it's EXACTLY like the old x5.

The germans are not scared of the chinese because they have no quality what so ever. and it shows that they also have zero ability to design cars/SUV's because they have to copy everything. That's just not right. China can kiss my a$$

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    LONDON, August 29 (newratings.com) – DaimlerChrysler AG (DCX.ETR) and BMW AG may seek legal action over Chinese-made vehicles that they claim are copies of their own models, according to the Financial Times on Wednesday.

The Financial Times said DaimlerChrysler would consider taking some action if Chinese carmaker Shuanghuan Automobile displayed its model Noble at next month's Frankfurt motor show. The newspaper added that DaimlerChrysler believes Noble closely resembles its Smart Fortwo minicar. BMW is considering taking legal action against the German importer of Shuanghuan’s "CEO" model, claiming that it closely resembles a discontinued version of its X5 sports utility vehicle.

HAHAHA!!! Body of an x5, front is of 2nd gen crv, and a badge of Ssang yong

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Are the headlaps from the toyota land cruiser prado ? :D

DaimlerChrysler, BMW mull action against Chinese firm