New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I have an E34 with M20 engine and I think na medyo maingay na but still works perfectly. Now I have a friend who's got an M50 engine (according to him maganda pa at ang problema lang ay na-stock ng 5 years and might need to undergo some reconditioning) and would wanna sell it to me at a very affordable price. Would you advice me to change engine? And where is the best place to have an engine change? I'd appreciate your inputs.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    what's your M20 and his M50? i'm assuming both are 2.5L?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Not worth it.

Few reasons why:

1.) Reconditioning a BMW engine isn't as cheap as reconditioning a Toyota/Honda engine.
    2.) BMW engine swaps aren't as common as Toyota/Honda engine swaps, hence, chances of failing are big.
    3.) There's a very big chance that the engine wouldn't run perfectly, because of being stuck for 5 years.
    4.) Basta it's not worth it. :hysterical: Unless you're willing to spend TONS of cash.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    doable naman yan but like renzo said magastos. Marami dyan will claim kayang mag engine swap pero kulang kulang ang parts from mechanical to electrical. If ingay lang, have it checked. Baka pulleys, bearings, valve tapp adjustment lang yan. Have a compression test na din just to make sure it runs well. M20's are tough engines some surpasses way more than 300k MILES! I had an M20 before on my E30.

Changing engine