New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    How much of a pain is it to maintain an E46 or E39?

I've always liked those bimmers and it's fun to toy with the idea of buying one as a backup car one day.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

I've always liked those bimmers and it's fun to toy with the idea of buying one as a backup car one day.

House muna

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    House muna

Siyempre. I meant somewhere along the lines of 10-15 years from now hehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    As with most if not all euro babes, that depends on the condition upon purchase.

It can be described as "plain-jane" to downright "sadomasochistic".

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    As with most if not all euro babes, that depends on the condition upon purchase.

It can be described as "plain-jane" to downright "sadomasochistic".

It can go from "same as an accord" to "I sold the piece of **** after 3 months of ownership because a single headlamp costs 55k"
    Oh and the casa......... The coffee is good and the sofas are nice but......

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I have 2 pre owned bimmers (e36 + e36/7) that I purchased last year. Here's what you need. A good mechanic, a local supplier, access to online parts abroad. Lastly a decent budget.

Fortunately I have access to the first 3. Was able to save a lot on parts and labor. And i can say that maintaing a euro car isn't that hard. Some parts are even cheaper than a japanese sedan.

To give you an idea, i ordered a set of tie rod and rack end for the e36. Only costs approx 2.3k locally it costs almost double.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    I have 2 pre owned bimmers (e36 + e36/7) that I purchased last year. Here's what you need. A good mechanic, a local supplier, access to online parts abroad. Lastly a decent budget.

Fortunately I have access to the first 3. Was able to save a lot on parts and labor. And i can say that maintaing a euro car isn't that hard. Some parts are even cheaper than a japanese sedan.

To give you an idea, i ordered a set of tie rod and rack end for the e36. Only costs approx 2.3k locally it costs almost double.

I agree sir, model 2005 below cheap ang easy to maintain. In E36 and E46 it just like you are maintaining 2003 honda civic. Maganda sa BMW isa lang parts number na ginagamit in every parts worldwide. If you buy parts online di ka magkakamali.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    I miss my e36. Kapal ng kaha, superb handling and suspension..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Is there any difference with the M - Sport and Not? like the BMW X1 they said they only differ from the suspension and the alcantara seats. They also said that the not M - Sport is better than the M - Sport because the suspension of the M - Sport is more stiffer than the not M - Sport. mas matagtag daw ang M-Sport.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post

Can you disclose your online supplier and local supplier here to gives us idea. thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast