New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I am considering buying my first BMW, but have heard from friend that he has been extremely disappointed with the service (he has been to 5 different centers in and around Metro Manila), especially since BMW no longer owns the service centers. Can anyone give me feedback on the quality of service (e.g., availability of parts, ability to estimate costs, speed of execution) and cost?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Don't hold yourself back from buying a BMW. If you can afford the car you definitely can pay for parts and services. I don't think you will encounter problems in the first two or three years of ownership and can always turn to other shops in the future. Autosport and Eurocars along Pasong Tamo extension can provide you with parts and services.
    Get the diesel you'll be glad you did.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    also try topgear along aurora blvd. betty go belmonte station. they provide parts and service for all european cars.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    I am considering buying my first BMW, but have heard from friend that he has been extremely disappointed with the service (he has been to 5 different centers in and around Metro Manila), especially since BMW no longer owns the service centers. Can anyone give me feedback on the quality of service (e.g., availability of parts, ability to estimate costs, speed of execution) and cost?

Thanks!
    Just make sure you befriend the mechanics and ask the shop if you can look aroudn while waiting for your car to be serviced. That's a sign they are not doing anything "doubtful". If they don't allow this, then you might want to reconsider. Visit BMW car club of the Phillippines as well, they will be of great help. BMW Car Club of the Philippines Official Website
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    +1 to the guys' shop suggestions. Take note thou that if the BMW you are buying is still under warranty, I would not advice you to have the car done anywhere else except an authorized BMW service shop/dealer --- or risk void of warranty coverage.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    one of the best bmw service in q.c. is the euro_care motors somewhere in fairview area. the treat is so personalized! you can reach them at 7382821

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post

Thanks!
    go with AUDI! AUDI! AUDI! hehehehe

BTT:
    1. Availability of parts: parts are usually 2weeks to order or more then another 2 weeks to service
    2. Estimate cost: usually min of 16k to 30k per 10km service... (depends on unit)
    3. Speed of execution: service usually takes a day to 3 days...

think long term on your bmw...
    run flat tires cost a bunch of money... brake pads... etc...
    my audis tires cost 200k a set... thats only good for a few minimal years...
    brake pads cost 15k etc etc etc

if your planning to buy a 3 series worth 3m... i suggest you stack up about half million for future maintenance

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beamer whacko View Post
    one of the best bmw service in q.c. is the euro_care motors somewhere in fairview area. the treat is so personalized! you can reach them at 7382821
    may i know why??? sa dami ng nag seservice ng BMW sa QC area ngayon ko lang narinig 'to.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^ maybe new lang sa area. Ingat lang sa mga nagsusulputang gumagawa DAW ng mga euro cars. Marami dyan proper way of tapping up lang ng coolant hindi alam. Sa wiring putol lang ng putol. Yung tools improvised lang and so on and so on. Be strict on the oil change and belts. Iwas nalang sa mga mamang talyer. Read on local and int'l BMW forums and you'll learn alot.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ChunkyLover View Post
    go with AUDI! AUDI! AUDI! hehehehe

BTT:
    1. Availability of parts: parts are usually 2weeks to order or more then another 2 weeks to service
    2. Estimate cost: usually min of 16k to 30k per 10km service... (depends on unit)
    3. Speed of execution: service usually takes a day to 3 days...

think long term on your bmw...
    run flat tires cost a bunch of money... brake pads... etc...
    my audis tires cost 200k a set... thats only good for a few minimal years...
    brake pads cost 15k etc etc etc

if your planning to buy a 3 series worth 3m... i suggest you stack up about half million for future maintenance
    it depends kung brand new ang kukunin nya or CPO. Runflats can be changed to regular ones. Brake pads andami dyan basta OEM will do. Fluids naman you can use off-the-shelf prods like shell. I don't believe in those BMW life time oils that are 4x more expensive. Kaya maraming bmw with an a/t ang naooverhaul dahil sa claim nilang 100k kms for the atf. Solution? Change it every 25k kms or 50k if your bimmer is light. HTH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast