New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Someone told me that the BMW here in the Philippines will be closing down soon? How true is this kaya?

Can someone confirm if this is true or not?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I've already heard it several months back.....and I even read it in some magazine..

I thought it was already confirmed because BMW klassik in araneta ave. was closed down....then suddenly after a few weeks I was able to cruise around greenhills to see that they have just relocated....

hhhmmm ano nga kaya?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Asian Carmakers Corporation took over 100% of BMW's local operations. This is actually old news, ACC became the official distributor of BMW cars in the Philippines since January 2009, thats almost 1 year ago.

The old company the used to be known as BMW Philippines was owned by BMW (70%) and ACC (30%), now its just ACC.

New BMW models like the facelifted 3-series, all-new 7-series and all-new Z4 were launched by ACC.
    Last edited by AG4; December 28th, 2009 at 02:10 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. Was a sad day when we heard the news. Sad because BMW is one of the few manufacturers who sponsor media-events and test-drives at the racetrack. Some of the people we know from BMW Philippines have moved on to other jobs, others, like Lito German, have moved up to the regional office in Singapore.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as long as we get the newest models and don't have to wait a few years to get the latest models, i'm ok with ACC handling BMW operations.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    BMW Philippines was an Over-Bloated organization with duplication of functions at all levels. Paying lots of Euros for the execs in a country that sells only a few thousand BMWs a year. (Sorry Lito German, you're a nice Atenean pa naman, Leanna Farrales, you are an Ugly Overpaid Bitch)

Its a good thing the Germans got to their senses and created a leaner meaner presence in the country.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ^chief galit ata kayo hehe. baket ano ginawa ng B*tch na un? :D

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    BMW Philippines was an Over-Bloated organization with duplication of functions at all levels. Paying lots of Euros for the execs in a country that sells only a few thousand BMWs a year.
    Mga 400 nga lang nabebenta nila sa isang taon, eh. At 100% tax rate parang mga 800 units na.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats View Post
    ^chief galit ata kayo hehe. baket ano ginawa ng B*tch na un? :D
    Saw that too, last year... didn't think it was worth replying to... maybe he didn't get "lucky", eh? She's a nice kid, sent us all a thank-you letter when she resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by eld View Post
    Mga 400 nga lang nabebenta nila sa isang taon, eh. At 100% tax rate parang mga 800 units na.
    As if that 100% tax went to BMW and not Gloria? Hello? The luxury marquees would be doing much better business here in the Philippines if we didn't have taxes only second to Singapore and Malaysia (which are both richer countries, with richer consumers...).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    As if that 100% tax went to BMW and not Gloria? Hello? The luxury marquees would be doing much better business here in the Philippines if we didn't have taxes only second to Singapore and Malaysia (which are both richer countries, with richer consumers...).

I agree 100%. Nakakainggit nga if you can see the prices of luxury cars sa US and other countries. You can own a new porsche 911 for just around 75k USD. That's just around 3.5M PHP. But by golly, they sell it here at around to 7M!

The BMW X3 will sell just around 38-40K USD. That's just as the same price range as a camry or an accord here in the Philippines! The cheapest bnew X3 here sells at 3.2M PHP.

Suggestion ko lang sa mga lawmakers to ditch this law of 100% tax on luxury cars and the increased sales volume will surely get the government the revenue it needs despite lowering the tax rates. Silly government

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
BMW Philippines Closing Down Soon?