New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    mga pipol,

onting tulong naman..
    kasi architecture student ako e. tapos kelangan ko ng help from car experts. wala kasi talaga akong alam sa mga cars.

here's the thing:

kasi our project / plate is about designing a BMW and Mercedes Benz Car Showroom.

i dont know where to start.
    na research ko lang is ung mga kelangan na spaces for the Showroom.
    namely:

-Admin Office
    -Sales Office
    -Parts
    -Service
    -Museum

plano ko lagyan ng revolving platforms para sa display. hehe.

anyway, ung tanong ko is:
    anu ba ung laman ng ibang spaces, kunwari, ung sa sales office, sa parts, sa service?

sa service, parang servitek raw e, sabi ng prof ko. pero hindi ko tlaga alam kung anu ung ginagawa dun. kung anu anu ung mga services na inooffer dun, etc.

at anung ginagawa dun?

HELP po mga sir/maam. thanks ! =)
    ill be waiting for replies. lapit na deadline ng plates namin. hehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Try going to CATS EDSA and Klassik BMW. Am sure i-welcome ka naman nila for a tour.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Try going to CATS EDSA and Klassik BMW. Am sure i-welcome ka naman nila for a tour.
    oh okay. where is this located along edsa? lets say, from glorietta.

hmmm for now, im relying on the knowledge of people around here sa forums.
    baka kasi ung iba dyan, alam ung takbo ng mga servitek, etc.

thanks for the suggestions sir!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    visit various merc and beemer dealership that spread all over the metropolis so you can have an idea...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Good examples of showroom design would be Ford Alabang, Silvercity Mall (still unfinished!), Isuzu Alabang, the various showrooms along EDSA (I like the Porsche showroom... but mostly for what's inside... , the Ford and BMW showrooms are spacious and airy) and at the Fort.

Don't limit yourself to what you see. Most local showrooms are restricted by the space they occupy, so they're boxes with windows in front, cars crowded into the forecourt, and a service bay in the back.

BMW and Mercedes showrooms tend to be airy, with big picture windows. The Ford and Isuzu showrooms I mentioned were designed to maximize glass area within the lot, by wrapping parking around the building. Ford's Alabang dealership also has outdoor platforms to display vehicles to passing motorists from far away.

Go wild. Put multiple floors in, viewing balconies and the like. If your design is constrained for space, put the parking in the basement. Make sure most of your dealership area is accessible to vehicles, even the second and third floors (if you have a third floor).

The service area is usually very large. If you've got a multi-story structure, you have to plan for a ramp that goes up to the next floor, or, if you're feeling fancy, a vehicle elevator or two. Make sure that the elevator is at least 2.2 meters wide and 6 meters long (That should fit most SUVs).

Good luck!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    New BMW Welt in Munich...

http://www.bmw-welt.com/en/html/index.html

Funny you're thinking of using a turntable for the car. They will use one also.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    carapace,

pay a visit to fully booked and take a look at the archi and design books they have for some research material.

BMW and Mercedes Car Showroom Design