New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i finally decided not to dispose of my old reliable '97 E36 (320i) and instead customise it. prices of brand new bimmers now (the inline sixes) are really beyond reach (at least for my case). until now, my rig is fully on stock basis and am now deciding on customizing this rig (engine and looks).

one of the basic mods i plan to do is to install a turbo/intercooler kit. I heard that Mosselman (netherlands) sells a bolt-on kit for the bmw.
    for owners of bimmers in tsikot, has any one of you installed an aftermarket bolt-on turbo or supercharger kit on your ride? if yes, where did you buy and have it installed?

any suggestions on other cost-effective mods for this ride?

any leads will be appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you really willing to hold on to your Bimmer for a long time? Adding a turbocharger (or any heavy modifications, for that matter) will really hurt your resale value.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice mags!!!sayang lang turbo sir, oks na namaon makina nyan e... :D if i were you, aesthetics nalngs.. :D
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Active Autowerke is one of the best turbo system manufacturers for the E36 out there. You will have to contact them and have them ship it, and get someone in the PI to install it for you.

Here's a link for you -
    http://www.activeautowerke.com/turbo/default.asp

Their M3 kits can make over 500 hp! :shock:

As far as local kits are concerned, I'm not qualified to say, but one thing I do know is that turbo kits are really tough to tune with the OBD-II engines ('96 and up). So make sure you get someone who really knows what he's doing. Good luck!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do you have a manual or matic model? Why not consider an intake and exhaust modification instead? Then change your stock shocks to Bilsteins then add a nice set of 16's or 17's.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep, Vinj, M54 Powered,

Thanks for the replies. Yup, an upgrade in intake and exhaust plus the looks department is the best and most cost-effective way to go about it. :D

I'll shelve the the turbo kit project in the meantime. For one, I scanned the market here in Manila and most of the tuners are for Jap cars mostly. :roll:

Is there an AC Schnitzer dealer here in Manila?

Thanks again! :wink:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wanna trade your E36 for a slightly used Nissan Frontier... may kasamang candy libre.

Try checking out the BMW cl;ub board for some info on accessories. I also saw BMW and Euro stuff in L&C along Katipunan Ave White Plains.

Sarap i-drive sa highway yung 320 no???

BMW E36 320i mods