New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

BMW has officially unveiled their new X6 ActiveHybrid.

Powered by a 400 hp 4.4-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine and two electric synchronous motors (rated at 91 hp and 86 hp), the X6 ActiveHybrid has a combined maximum output of 480 hp and 575 lb-ft of torque. This unique powertrain enables the X6 Hybrid to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds, before hitting a limited top speed of 130 mph. More importantly, the hybrid offers a 20% improvement in average fuel consumption (in EU testing) and a CO2 emissions rating of 231 grams per kilometer.

The engine is connected to a two-mode active transmission with two electric motors, three planetary gearsets, and four multi-plate clutches. At low speeds, only one electric motor is used. When more power is required, the second motor automatically starts the combustion engine. This feature makes the X6 AH a "full hybrid" because it can run exclusively on electric power at speeds up to 37 mph (60 km/h) for up to 1.6 miles.

Electricity comes from a 2.4 kWh NiMH battery pack that is recharged via brake energy regeneration. The battery features its own liquid cooling system to ensure an optimum operating temperature as well as prolonged hybrid performance during extreme weather and sporty driving.

The X6 AH also features an electronic power steering system, an Auto Start/Stop system, a modified suspension, a lightweight braking system, a "powerdome" hood, and 20-inch light-alloy Aero wheels.

Look for the 2010 X6 ActiveHybrid to go on sale in the US later this year.
    -WCF

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Oh this is great! A 480 bhp V8 hybrid! How much did the Lexus LS600 have? Something like 430 bhp? That's bloody amazing. You can pretend to care about the environment and get the respect of those eco-hippies while having sports-car crushing power. It's brilliant!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i bet this feature would jacked up the price compare to a regular turbo diesel X6 which is around 5 million pesos or US$104,166 * 48pesos to a dollar conversion

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    i bet this feature would jacked up the price compare to a regular turbo diesel X6 which is around 5 million pesos or US$104,166 * 48pesos to a dollar conversion
    Local price for the V8 is actually between 8-10 million pesos, last I heard. The V6 is already 6m. Remember, we have higher taxes than the US.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Local price for the V8 is actually between 8-10 million pesos, last I heard. The V6 is already 6m. Remember, we have higher taxes than the US.

sir 5M for x6 3.0 diesel engine nakuha kopo sa topgear magazine na local..nakow mas mahal pa pala sa akala ko waaaaaaaaa

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    sir 5M for x6 3.0 diesel engine nakuha kopo sa topgear magazine na local..nakow mas mahal pa pala sa akala ko waaaaaaaaa
    I don't know what the diesel goes for. five and a half might be correct. From what I remember, 6m is for the vanilla V6 gasoline model with 300 horses.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    its 5.9M pala for a 3.0 Diesel X6..

BMW ActiveHybrid X6