New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    guys comments(pros and cons) on this model? planning to get one...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    as usual, it can be summed up as having a heavy body (or small engine, which ever you want to look at it) & has high maintenance costs.. which model ba? well i think it still applies to the e36 & e46 (correct me if im wrong..)..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The E36 316i is quite numerous in the Metro. People always say it's slow in BMW terms due to the heavy body but based on my drive of one, it's still ok but don't expect to outrun Civics and the like. Highway cruising is a strong point here (very stable and comfy).

On service, expect it to be on the higher side as compared to your usual 1600 cars. If you have the cash to spare for purchase and maintainance, it's better to go with a E36 320i or e46 318i (the 4cycl 2.0L version).

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yep E36 320i or E46 318i at the least hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    underpowered.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I own a BMW e36 316i 99'. Medyo mabagal pero for city driving okay na! Wats nice about my 316i eh matipid sa gas at paglong driving ang ganda ng ride! underpower? sa arangkada lang! i drove my BMW sa diversion at 180km/hr kapit na kapit sa daan at u have full control of the car. Yun nga lang it will take u mins. to reach that speed. Lakas pa lumamon Lancer ko dati na A/T 1.5L GL eh. The handling of a BMW is good, performance okay lang, maintianance dati sobra expensive pero if you only new were to bring ur bimmer para ka lang nagmaintain ng accord. Ang nakikita ko lang prob ng BMW eh yng mga rubber nya mabilis magcrack hindi tropicalize so palit ako ng palit. It's a good everyday car for me. Pero if ur after for speed get a 325i or 320i model kaya lang feedback from my frend like any other 2.0L Medyo ramdam na ang consumption sa gas.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    my 320i consumes 6kms/L, at par lang with jap v6, my cefiro 2.0 also consumes 6kms/L.

if uve got the budget just get the straight-six, thats what bimmers are known for.
    Last edited by BlueBimmer; June 22nd, 2005 at 01:07 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sheet... I miss our old E36 320i.

We owned a Cefiro and 320i at the same time before and they did consume similarly (6-7km/l at the average in the city). The Cefiro drove lighter at low RPMs whilst the 320i really made musice after around 3K rpm or so.

My Tito who also has a '99 316i also reported good fuel economy.

The a/c is on the weaker side (esp. the blower) when compared to the Japs also... this may be due to a clogged microfilter though.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vince
    I own a BMW e36 316i 99'. Medyo mabagal pero for city driving okay na! Wats nice about my 316i eh matipid sa gas at paglong driving ang ganda ng ride! underpower? sa arangkada lang! i drove my BMW sa diversion at 180km/hr kapit na kapit sa daan at u have full control of the car. Yun nga lang it will take u mins. to reach that speed. Lakas pa lumamon Lancer ko dati na A/T 1.5L GL eh. The handling of a BMW is good, performance okay lang, maintianance dati sobra expensive pero if you only new were to bring ur bimmer para ka lang nagmaintain ng accord. Ang nakikita ko lang prob ng BMW eh yng mga rubber nya mabilis magcrack hindi tropicalize so palit ako ng palit. It's a good everyday car for me. Pero if ur after for speed get a 325i or 320i model kaya lang feedback from my frend like any other 2.0L Medyo ramdam na ang consumption sa gas.
    Amen to that vince! I own an E36 316i '98. I went past 180km/hr sa NLEX(passing some Civics..hehe) and it's quite very stable, i still feel the engine can give more. Yon nga lang, mabagal arangkada. Sa maintenance, yup, you just have to find non-casa shops. Incidentally, can you let me know kung saan ka nagpapa-service? At san ka nagpapalit ng rubber?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    its a good thing im getting lots of feedback from this inquiry, im on a budget side..gas consumption is a big factor..may modifications ba na pde gawin sa engine? filter? headers? well jst to make it a little faster sa arangkada..

thanks again guys

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
bmw 316i