New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Well, that's it, that's the next-generation BMW 1 Series hatchback we probably (definitely) won't get. It's a shame, too, because this new 1 Series is more in line with U.S. tastes than before, at least by a little. The new car is 3.3 inches longer, .7 inches wider and has a 1.2 inch longer wheelbase which translates to more rear leg room and trunk capacity. Track is up 2 inches in front and 2.8 inches in the back.

For Europe, engine options will be a turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine we've seen in Mini vehicles-- though modified to fit longitudinally-- and a 2.0-liter four-cylinder common rail diesel. Horsepower figures stretch from 136 in a 116i to 184 in the 120d. The 120d is the performer of the group hitting 62 in a BMW claimed 7.2 seconds with a top speed of 142 mph. The 116d is the fuel miser of the group returning 54.7 MPG combined.

The standard transmission is a six-speed manual while an eight-speed automatic will be optional. DCT is rumored to be offered later in the model's lifecycle.

The 1 Series also gets interior adjustments inspired by the look and quality of the 3 series.
    - Straightline

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hmm the only things I like about it (physically) are the projector headlamps and the interior.

Other than that, why does it look like a Chinese car to me?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hahahaha. Apart from the interior, everything's ugly.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I heard these reactions with the previous 5-series.
    Funny thing is, it still did ok worldwide.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    it's not ugly for me, it's just that the current one looks perfect already. also they won't make the 1M anymore.
    BMW 1 Series M to be one year and done? — Autoblog

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I heard these reactions with the previous 5-series.
    Funny thing is, it still did ok worldwide.
    Hindi eh.

Pangit talaga yan, lalo na yung likod.

Foresterx is right, the current one is near perfect.

lalo na yung sedan, ftw.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    it's not ugly for me, it's just that the current one looks perfect already. also they won't make the 1M anymore.
    The 1-series M Coupe will just be produced for a year.
    BMW has filed the trademark for the M2 name. :D
    I'm guessing the next gen Coupe version of the 1-series will be called a 2-series.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hindi eh.

Pangit talaga yan, lalo na yung likod.
    Thats exactly what people also said the first time they saw the Bangle era BMW models that actually did ok worldwide.

2012 BMW 1-series

Last edited by AG4; June 5th, 2011 at 05:51 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yeah the current one kasi looks good already, sana they enhanced it and made it more aggressive or something.

Probably the reason why the others still did good is because it's a "BMW" :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Hahahaha. Apart from the interior, everything's ugly.
    Why did it show up too early? The BMW 1-Series M Coupe is still there and why did BMW rushed to show the 1-Series Hatchback full model change? Ayan tuloy, naging hidhid sa matuwid na daan.

Naging miniature version of the BMW X1.

Masyado kayong walang gusto sa mga latest BMW. You guys still prefer the Bangle-era BMW models.

By the way, did BMW retain its FR layout? Sayang naman pag FF na ang latest na 1-Series hatchback. The only thing I like is the turbocharged engine.
    Last edited by leopaul; June 6th, 2011 at 06:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
All-new 2012 BMW 1-series hatchback (official photos)