New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

2011 BMW X3 Sports Activity Vehicle Revealed

83mm longer, 28mm wider and 12mm taller, the 2011 BMW X3 debuted today largely unchanged from the popular 1st generation X3 it replaces.
    It's got wheel arches, "Corona Ring" headlights, a radically kinked rear pillar and a very familiar twin-kidney grill. In other words: The new BMW X3 is much like the old one.

The entry-level X3-- X3 xDrive28i -- will have a 3.0-liter I6 making 240 horsepower. The upper-level X3 xDrive35i will use the 3.0-liter N55 I6 that has direct injection, a twin scroll turbocharger and Valvetronic. It's good for 300 horsepower.
    -Inside Line

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Update:

BMW helped invent the compact luxury SUV category with its X3, but that doesn’t win it any gold stars. Its revamped 2011 BMW X3 enters a market now thick with similar offerings, and it will take a major effort on Munich’s part to get its new crossover back to the head of the pack.

That effort begins with a choice of revised engines. Base level 2011 X3s will roll out of BMW's Spartanburg, South Carolina plant at the end of 2010 with a naturally-aspirated 'N52' 3.0-liter I-6 producing 240 horsepower. The current X3 makes 260 horsepower from its inline six, but the new model is estimated to hit 60 mph at 6.7 seconds, roughly a half-second quicker than the outgoing model. Those with lead feet should head for the xDrive35i, which is powered by BMW's direct-injection 3.0-liter turbo I-6. The engine features 300 horsepower and 300 lb-ft of torque. Acceleration from 0-60 mph will take just 5.5 seconds, according to BMW. Opt for the sport package, and you can push the X3 to a 150 mph top speed.

Both engines will be mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission, putting the proverbial nail in the coffin for the current six-speed manual option. Still, BMW claims the X3 xDrive28i and xDrive35i will be the most efficient and fun-to-drive vehicles in its segment. The current X3 is already competitive on a fuel consumption level, and after our initial drive of a pre-production X3 xDrive35i, it looks as though BMW has delivered on creating a more engaging experience from behind the wheel.

The new eight-speed gearbox has four planetary gearseats and five clutch packs. When a situation demands, the X3 can downshift from 8th to 2nd gear with one clutch pack disengagement, making the switch seem instantaneous.

In the all-wheel-drive X3, torque is typically divided 40/60 percent between the front and rear wheels, although its Performance Control system can shift the torque split to 20/80 percent front to rear when the situation warrants. The system can also help rotate the vehicle by applying additional power to the outside wheel and also applying the inner rear brake. Up to 100 percent of the X3's torque can be sent to the rear wheels in extreme conditions.
    Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz0thR4NCsX

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Now masyadong aggressive na ang new model!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I like!! :clap: :clap:

Magkano naman kaya ito?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    I like!! :clap: :clap:

Magkano naman kaya ito?

Mababalitaan mo nalang si eggman meron na niyan ...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Mababalitaan mo nalang si eggman meron na niyan ...
    Ah......

Di na ako mag papanggap.

Gets?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ah......

Di na ako mag papanggap.

Gets?

Gets na gets, lola gets. :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007