New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    would you like this to become the next 5 series???
    \/

These illustrations of the 2009 BMW 5 Series represent the clearest look yet at the future design direction of this class-leading luxury sedan. They're based on information from sources in Europe who claim this BMW will move away from the polarizing design of the current model.

Already under development with the internal codename "F10," the next-generation BMW 5 Series will soften the harder lines of the current E60 with more conventional-looking headlights and a cleaner front-end design. New European pedestrian safety standards are expected to drastically alter the design of many European cars for the worse, but BMW will not only maintain its classic twin-kidney grille design, it will reduce the length of the front overhang.

As is typical of most recent BMW redesigns, this 5 Series will add some space between the wheels by extending the wheelbase nearly 3 inches and widening the track. The overall length will grow by less than half an inch, while its height will be reduced slightly and its width increased by a fraction. A set of 17-inch wheels will be the smallest available with 18- and 19-inch wheels optional.

Under the hood, this 5 Series is expected to use variations of existing engines in BMW's lineup. Base power will likely come from a 2.5-liter straight-6 while top-range models will use the current 4.8-liter V8. A wild card could be thrown into the mix if BMW attempts to combine its latest turbo technology with a V8 of slightly smaller displacement. Also in the works is a more powerful version of the M5's 5.0-liter V10.

---edmunds.com

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basta 5 gusto ko hehe.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Wow ang gwapu!
    Kaso bakit 4 door diba pag m-series 2 door lang?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No, all M5's throughout history are 4 doors...

The Z's, 6 and M3 ang 2 door.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nice, mas matapang ang dating para sakin.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ahh ok!
    m3 parin for me ung e46 body! ang sarap pormahan nun ehh, laluna pag ginaya mo ung kay act111!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    wow ganda! kuha ako nung CRDi version. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice. I love the current (E60) and the older (E39) too.

Paglabas nito ng 2009 sigurado mumura na yung E60!
    Last edited by Bry; September 6th, 2006 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Typo

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Wow! I want one.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

Well, that cures the single worst item on the E60... those damn headlights. Still don't like the lips of the grille on the hood, but at least the lights look more integrated and aggressive, much like on the 3-series.

I doubt the rest of the car will look that aggressive. It'll probably be minor body refreshes elsewhere on the car.

I think with the E90 3-series, the "Bangle generation has found the perfect balance... I suppose all future facelifts will incorporate this look.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2009 BMW 5 Series (F10 body code)