New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    2008 BMW 530D SPORT

Sir, I saw this sa tsikot ad used BMW worth Php2.4M. I'm not that knowleageable sa European cars. But is this a good buy? Is the price worth it? Ito ung Ad:
    2008 BMW 530D SPORT, Used, 2008, Philippines, RF122757

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    uuyyy nagbabalak.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I had one of those before. Nice to drive. Tons of torque. it was fast for its era though probably would be mid field nowadays in the executive saloon arena. Decent economy as its a diesel, Not enough interior cubby holes for phones and stuff.

Biggest problems were the active suspension. Always was showing warning signs on the idrive. But if you have the money for servicing......

The 530d has about 220 hp or thereabouts and 500NM of torque. I chipped mine with Unichip in speedlabs and got about 580NM. Problem was the power falls thru the roof at 4000 rpm so its kinda bleh if your spanking it hard. The torque is nice though for normal driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    uuyyy nagbabalak.

mukhang makinis, low mileage at diesel.... nakaka tempt sir.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I had one of those before. Nice to drive. Tons of torque. it was fast for its era though probably would be mid field nowadays in the executive saloon arena. Decent economy as its a diesel, Not enough interior cubby holes for phones and stuff.

Biggest problems were the active suspension. Always was showing warning signs on the idrive. But if you have the money for servicing......

The 530d has about 220 hp or thereabouts and 500NM of torque. I chipped mine with Unichip in speedlabs and got about 580NM. Problem was the power falls thru the roof at 4000 rpm so its kinda bleh if your spanking it hard. The torque is nice though for normal driving.

580? Wow!

Retz: Kunin mo na.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    mukhang makinis, low mileage at diesel.... nakaka tempt sir.
    it's very tempting and we will all tempt you

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    looks to be a very good buy. take the first step -- check out the car, then test drive if the owner agrees. you'll have your answer once you get behind the wheel. goodluck!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Taken mine to 240kph vmax many times in sctex and star tollway. Its fun in the rain. Turn off the traction control. Easy to make the tail go sideways with all that torque. But a v6 camry or accord will probably out accelerate it once they get moving.

The price is kinda high though. you can get many 530d for less than 1.7m . And they're mostly the same except for the audio capabilities.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by EQAddict; March 22nd, 2013 at 09:36 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011

Active suspension problem? sounds like a major major problem. yan pa naman mahal sa european cars ung servicing. Naka ilan mileage sayo sir?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Taken mine to 240kph vmax many times in sctex and star tollway. Its fun in the rain. Turn off the traction control. Easy to make the tail go sideways with all that torque. But a v6 camry or accord will probably out accelerate it once they get moving.

The price is kinda high though. you can get many 530d for less than 1.7m . And they're mostly the same except for the audio capabilities.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Sir, ung din isang major concern ko sa price.... for the 2008 model, I could negotiate down to Php1.7M? laking savings din yan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast