New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi Guys,

Just want to ask the experts. Which is better to buy as used car? An X5 diesel or gas? Im choosing between a 2001 to 2003 4.4i Sports Package or the 3.0d Executive... I will just use it as a weekend car...:-)

Appreciate your inputs...

TIA

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb_bumblebee View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just want to ask the experts. Which is better to buy as used car? An X5 diesel or gas? Im choosing between a 2001 to 2003 4.4i Sports Package or the 3.0d Executive... I will just use it as a weekend car...:-)

Appreciate your inputs...

TIA
    Hi In my opinion diesel is the way to go. Based on experienced and based from what I heard from BMW technicians, diesel engine is perfect for the Philippines.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by my_BMW View Post
    Hi In my opinion diesel is the way to go. Based on experienced and based from what I heard from BMW technicians, diesel engine is perfect for the Philippines.
    Yep. And its cheaper to run since gas prices are striking up high already.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the inputs.. I will test drive both variants but I'm more inclined to get the 3.0d...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rcb_bumblebee View Post
    Thanks for the inputs.. I will test drive both variants but I'm more inclined to get the 3.0d...
    tama yan test drive and compare, that's the ultimate testing if it fits your driving style.

2001-2003 BMW X5 4.4i or 3.0d