New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    My wife has a Ford Lynx Ghia. While the Lynx is a nice car, its major weakness is its NVH so I plan to install sound deadening materials. I came across with Ziebart's Sound Barrier product. Their quote for my car is P5,300.

I'm just wondering if anyone from you guys had already tried this product. Would you recommend it? If not, would you know other products that I can try?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i remember one of the lynx's highlighted features that i read in the newspaper is "improved NVH system".

Have you replaced the tires on your wife's lynx sir? the tires also play a role on the filtering of NVH.

also what did they say about the sound barrier...is it some kind of undercoat that they will spray on the car's underchassis?
    Last edited by benchph1; December 21st, 2004 at 05:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    it is something like an undercoating. it has been explained to me by ziebart buendia in makati. i guess, it is worth trying the product. i am so happy with ziebart products and services. last year, i had my car mazda323 painted and up to now, it looks good.

you may look for carlo. he was the one who assisted me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if your lynx is using those awful goodyear nct3 / nct5, get rid of them fast! they are one of the noisiest tires ever!!!

bridgestone has s&s (silent and smooth) tires while yokohama has this low db (decibel) tires.

ziebart's sound barrier is actually like an undercoat. the only difference is that they apply multiple layers (3-4 i think) of the undercoating material.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1
    i remember one of the lynx's highlighted features that i read in the newspaper is "improved NVH system".

Have you replaced the tires on your wife's lynx sir? the tires also play a role on the filtering of NVH.

also what did they say about the sound barrier...is it some kind of undercoat that they will spray on the car's underchassis?
    Its a 1st gen Lynx. I believe the improved NVH system was incorporated on the facelifted models.

I already had replaced the tires. I put in 16s wheels and Yokohama ES100 tires.

We're happy with the performance of the car and we haven't encountered any problems with it. Its just the damn NVH I'm not happy about!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe ziebart's sound barrier can help..how long have you driven with the ES100?

i've read some of the reviews on that tire and they say it gets noisy once it gets worn out

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I can't recall the mileage, but I've been using the tires close to two years already.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I have ziebart sound barrier on my ride, it's like multiple layers of undercoating, for me, nakatulong naman. Meron din dyang Dynamat, sound dampener din yan, I read about it somewhere in these forums a few months ago, nakalimutan ko na who sells it sa pinas, will post it here na lang when i come across the topic again.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    But will you strongly recommend ziebart sound barrier or I'll need to look somewhere else?

Thanks goodyear.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can also try using flashband. ginagamit yan ng mga audiophiles for better sound insulation sa car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ziebart's Sound Barrier:  Effective Ba?