New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Just had my R8 wrapped. I learned about it at r8talk forums and they recommended that I wrap my car since its bnew to prevent swirl marks and scratches as well as occasional projectile damage. The clear film is to be wrapped all over the car and it is called XPEL Ultimate film. The windshield has different material wrapped to it, its called clearplex windshield protector. Anyone who had experience with these 2 products please let me know. thank you. If you have specific questions, i think I could answer since I did research about this for a month even before the car was delivered. I basically inquired to all clear film wrappers in manila.

by the way, this is just day 1, it will take 3-7 days for it to be fully wrapped.

img_4645.jpg
    img_4646.jpg
    img_4651.jpg
    img_4650.jpg

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    What's the total cost?
    How much for XPEL film only? How much for Clearflex film only?
    What other film brands did you consider?
    What made you decide to go with XPEL?

Nice car, by the way.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What's the total cost?

Nice car, by the way.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Meron na pala sila product for the whole car.. I use their product yung nakaroll lang.. around an inch in width for the door edges. Medyo pricey but it does its job of protecting the doors from accidental paint chips.. Ang distributor ata yan yung same distributor ng Mothers,Solargard products in Santolan

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    What's the total cost?

Nice car, by the way.
    hi,

the full body is 150,000 php
    clearplex for the windshield is 15,000 php

usual price range is 120 to 200k for full body depending on the shop.

there is a cheaper brand which is also good called avery which is about 40k-60k for full body.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for the info.

If the foil get scratched, do you need to re-wrap the whole car or just the affected panel?

Thanks for the info.

If the foil get scratched, do you need to re-wrap the whole car or just the affected panel?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

they wrap per panel, so in case you will have to rewrap, it would be per panel as well.

the film is self healing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93sVBJ4vw48) and minor scratches will self heal as long as as its not yet torn apart.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I guess the full body wrap is all done now. Any new photos? How's the performance?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I guess the full body wrap is all done now. Any new photos? How's the performance?
    yeps its done since 2 weeks ago ^ ^ im happy with it

dsc00279.jpg
    dsc00280.jpg
    dsc00281.jpg

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Why is the guy fumbling with his keys to open the car? Isn't it keyless?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Maybe it depends on the type of foil/wrap used, but all foiled cars that i saw so far lacked the depth of shine that the natural paint can have when properly detailed. There is something candy-ish about the shine of wrapped paint. But yeah we have to compromise because if paint damage occurs, it would be a much worse situation than lacking elegant shine.