New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    hi guys, this is my first post here although i have been lurking since kotse.com.

i have a question: what do you think about wiper fins/spoilers?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    for me, baduy bro... in the case of spoilers, hanggang ducktail spoilers lang for me. yung parang flat lang na nakapatong sa trunk.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OE wiper fins does serve its purpose well, but aftermarket annodized colored fins just don't fit my taste.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i love my whale tail spoiler...about wiper fins..it serves its purpose...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    they do work quite well, but it seems like they are more useful at high speeds. i have them on both wipers, but in florida i regularly travel at 70-80 mph in the rain so sulit talaga for me.

imo they are actually kind of ugly so i wouldn't think of them as a porma modification

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    ano ba purpose ng wiper fins?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i would rather get a spoiler pero yung lip spoilers lang.... would not want my car to look too ricey.... ill just keep it clean, simple, a professional look maybe but got mods inside... you could spend your money more wisely rather than spending it on the looks...

just my 2 cents... :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by superdude
    ano ba purpose ng wiper fins?
    I've always thought that it keeps the wiper blades pressed against the glass at high speeds, raining or not. Standard equipment sa Subaru yang ganyang wiper. Ginaya yata ang BMW

Aerodynamic blades: If highway speeds cause the blade to lift off the glass, certain models of blades have frames that are designed to channel air to keep the rubber flush against the glass. These are characterized by blade frames that have fins or "spoilers."

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hmmm...a thought to ponder on...have you guys seen the flashing wiper fins?? hehe very ricey! but then if these wiper fins do serve their purpose (as said by Karding) then I guess it would only be applicable to people running at high speeds. but then again...would it be beneficial to us here in the philippines?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    o nga pala..wouldn't the wiper fins serve as weights for the wiper?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
wiper fins/spoilers