New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed I just got my van back from the shop last sunday........and I want to do the paint detailing myself..........how can I make my white paint more makintab? actually.....DuPont ang paint na ginamit......makintab na siya pero I still want it na mas makintab.......paano ba mag buffing? do I use rubbing compound or wax? Thanx.....:D

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    theveed

ano ba magandang gamit for white detailing? specific ba yun sa color? i really want to detail my car by my self...give me an advice naman o.. white din kasi ang car ko...white na white pa naman sya but, i want yung glossy ang pagka white nya

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys dont expect a white car to be really really glossy and deep looking one compared to a dark color one....i also have a white car and todo waxing ginagawa ko pero it still not as deep looking as of those dark colored ones...... :wink:

pero the thing is binabawi ko sa slickness ng surface.....what i mean is when you rub your fingers sa paint..it should feel like glass and super smooth sha with no resistance ...... and pag sinilip mo yung hood mo sideways ....it should look like a mirror that reflects objects..thats the time i know that ok na yung pag wax ko.. :wink:

...pag white car kasi gamit mo...hindi mo makikita yung gloss nya if you look at it directly.....you'll see the gloss lang if you make silip sideways......gets? HTH
    :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Remember that dark colors absorb light, while light colors reflects light... with light colored cars, your aim may be more on the reflectivity aspect of the paint instead of depth. it is indeed possible to make a white paint look "deep" but it all depends on the paint shade itself.

white is very simple to clean, deep cleanse it with a cleaner, clay it, polish it flat then use a sealant or other high quality wax to obtain the best reflections... having little orange peel on the paint would help a lot as well.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8) exactly sir theveed!!

what i like naman sa white car is that nakikita mo kung madumi na sha or hindi.....example is tar.......makikita mo na agad yung aspalto (kasi nga black sha..duh?) and so its more visible kung natanggal mo na yug tar......

share ko lang.......last saturday nag tanggal ako ng tar sa car ko kasi sobrang dami na.....i recently purchase the spray 3M tar remover......WOW!! this product is really amazing in removing aspalto....as in pag spray mo tunaw agad yung tar, coz naka white car nga ako, ...i saw the tar melted and dripped down....so 1 or two wipes on the surface tanggal agad.....

i was planning to only remove the tar sa doors.....but ended up finishing the entire car.........kasi nga ang daling gamitin......
    :lol: :lol:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    coolrolla,theeved

It help a lot for me this site specially right now i need to look for the remover some black spot on my xto its white also. I read your reply to theeveed so nalaman ko na kailangan ko is 3m tar remover, ok lang ba ito di ba magkakaproblema sa top coat ng paint natin?
    Second question is same with k3rk if ever na ako nalng ang magwork for my car ano mga dapat ko bilhin na product para ma maintain ko ang pag ka glossy ng xto ko, you said clay what brand,polishand sealant ano ba brand gamit mo dito? Wala ba problema yan sa top coat natin or depende parin sa class of painting.

thanks in advance.

jake

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jake, those questions can't be answered easily, there are many things to consider before anyone can recommend stuff to use... techniques play a bigger role than product type in car care. Read through old posts regarding these issues and you'll find quite a bit of information have already been posted and discussed upon.

also, feel free to download the detailing documents in our PAD site... You might find those helpful as well.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    theveed

thank you very much
    i will try to open ur site

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8) jake,
    one more thing about the 3M tar remover........you might get surprised after using it....slight haze will form.....

.........dont worry because the haze is the wax that is breaking down.....sir theveed said thats normal with tar removers...

........a mild cleaner can remove the haze easily.....gud luck
    ! :wink: :wink: :wink:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    coolrolla

out of context na to question ko pero ask ko parin

san ka sa paranaque?

thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
White car maintenance