New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi Guys,

I stumbled to this great write up "How to clean your car" and the first thing I need is a foam gun. I tried Ace hardware but they dont have it. Do you have any idea where to get it locally?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Ito ba yung parang bumula yung shampoo?

Yung sa clean city sa quezon ave kasama ba yan sa commando na pressurized washer?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yes sir thats the one, but I think those are for commercial/industrial use as like what some car wash have wherein it has bigger and metal resevoir for the shampoo. What Im looking is something smaller and simple just good enough for personal use just like the one on the pic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That won't really work... First of all, that's a simple garden hose attachment, you can get good ones from Ace pretty easily, the only diff is this has a canister to hold soap in so when the water passes through, it agitates the soap and create light foam.

It won't work in the Phil coz water pressure is hardly enough to generate a strong stream in the first place.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi Sir Theveed,

We use pressurized water at home (by a water pump) and I think our sealed tank is set to trip off at 40psi and can still be increased a bit, with it I think its strong enough to create decent stream. I believe in this idea (foam wash) as it loosen up dirt better than just a stream of plain water. Even though you can only soak it for a few minutes before sun dries the foam out, Its the same logic why loundries are soak with detergent even before washing. And I think it doesnt really have to be on high pressure the idea is just to apply foam on the car without rubbing it first.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I am using almost the same as the one in the picture. Theveed is right even when you use high pressure water connected to it. it would only produce suds and light foam. The one I have has a bypass selector for the soap container, and you can also adjust the sprinkler for pressure washing.

Same lighter foam suds on one of the picture presented is what you can only produce with this kind of gadget, anyway it can also soften the dirt and with the help of pressure water sprinkler it does the job.

But you can never produce thick foamy suds with this garden hose attached gadget.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by elaz View Post
    Hi Sir Theveed,

We use pressurized water at home (by a water pump) and I think our sealed tank is set to trip off at 40psi and can still be increased a bit, with it I think its strong enough to create decent stream. I believe in this idea (foam wash) as it loosen up dirt better than just a stream of plain water. Even though you can only soak it for a few minutes before sun dries the foam out, Its the same logic why loundries are soak with detergent even before washing. And I think it doesnt really have to be on high pressure the idea is just to apply foam on the car without rubbing it first.

Small reminder - pressurized pumps usually trip at 35psi going any higher than that can pop your pipes especially if a. they are old pipes b. if they are PVC and aren't glued together well

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    *elaz

Check ko sa clean city yung commando na 3,800 ata......Meron na rin pang shampoo yun pero hindi ata makapal yung bula....

Pero kung yung mga 10thou nila pressurized eh maganda baka yun na bilhin ko kahit pang bahay lang

Gagamitin ko na rin panglinis ng comfort room :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you have a pressurized system, then go for it ....

Frankly, I don't like it much as spraying soap on the car usually stains it coz soapy water dries up rather quickly compared to doing it by panels...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the response guys, I was pointed by a nearby car wash to look around hardwares around Aranque Market. I knew Ive seen similar to this foam gun before I just couldnt remember where. I will post where and how much if ever I got it for others who might be intrested too

Sir SUV,
    Im quite far from the nearest car wash that offers this foam service and im passing wet and dirty roads so by the time I reach home my car is probably half dirty as before I send it for car wash .

Sir Edtf,
    Yup those were considered, we use customized stainless pipes for our water system, back then we believe plastics are not totally safe (health wise). Our house is 3 story high with loundry at the roof top so we need that pressure. Thanks for reminding

Sir Mile2,
    Where do you got it? I would like to try those if I couldnt find this foam gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Where to get this Foam Gun?