Quote Originally Posted by TJMaxx
    Dapat talaga sa kotse ang turing mo ay parang
    anak mo na rin...
    yikes! time to wash my son!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    j/k

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    what if u hose down your car everyday to remove the dust and then dry it off wid chamois...

harmful din ba yon?
    8O

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako minsan 'dinidiligan' ko na lang yung Pajero. Hose at chamois lang. Wala nang shampoo shampoo. Walang oras, eh. Anyways, fine scratches make a 4X4 look good naman (couple with my cracked driver's door body cladding and the banged up fuel tank).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You have to understand... DUST WILL NOT HOSE OFF... as soon as moisture mixes with water, it'll become micro mudpits...

Just imagine... leave a piece of plastic on the road, let it be subjected to dust... would you be able to remove the dust from the surface just by rinsing it? Even with high pressure? Grab a white cloth or tissue and wipe that piece of plastic... I can bet that you'll see muddy soil on your cloth... Water doesn't lift dirt off the paint, it can only soften the dirt to make it less "rough" when you start shampooing... Do you take a bath with just water? Why not? Same principle. You need SURFACTANTS to lift the dirt so that it won't stick to the paint... Don't forget that paint is a soft surface as well...

In addition... a chamois is the worst tool you can use to wipe a car. Chamoises are used to ABSORB liquid and not for wiping. If you really choose to not wash your paint and just use the water wipe method, at least use a good cotton towels. Using a chamois to wipe a dirty surface (don't even think your paint is clean by just rinsing it with water) is almost as bad as dry wiping a car with a damp cloth.

Otep: a lot of fine scratches mean that your clear coat will eventually have seams that will speed up oxidation... but then again, your ride is a real-life off roader... hehe, ok lang yun... ;)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfalfameister

3. Idiots might write "WASH ME", and when they press their fingers against the dust (which is against the paint)... scratches.
    and the classic........ 4x4 "=16"

kaya nga wala ng 4x4 na sticker sa fender ko baka may mag check pa!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in other words,

parang katawan natin yan eh...its like taking a bath without soap. tama si theveed, magpapatse-patse yung water nyan (mud pits pala tawag dun) pag natuyo yung surface water, which means that the dust is still there.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    theveed, what wax would you recommend?:?:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wrecker, please do a search. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep: a lot of fine scratches mean that your clear coat will eventually have seams that will speed up oxidation... but then again, your ride is a real-life off roader... hehe, ok lang yun...
    Wala na yatang clearcoat ito nung mabili. Mud won't wash off. Bumabakat na lang sa surface even with shampoo. hehehe. :mrgreen:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: Kimpoy, di ba you own a paint shop? You also sell fine grit (1500 and up) sandpaper ba?

--AlfOT: Kimpoy, di ba you own a paint shop? You also sell fine grit (1500 and up) sandpaper ba?

--Alf

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
what will happen if you don't wash your car often?