New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.) Cleaner
    2.) Glaze
    3.) Seal

What pads do i use? Will be using B&D RO.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    newbie rin ako pero i'll try to answer your questions. Depende rin ito sa pad+chemical combo eh.

1. Wool pad
    2. Foam Pad or foam applicator by hand
    3. Seal as in wax? Foam applicator by hand. Buff with Terry cloth

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    You have to consider first what pads you have access to. If you're using a B&D KP600, I strongly suggest that you retrofit velcro on the backing plate of the machine and use the 3M 5.25in foam polishing pads available at most True Value outlets. This will be much cheaper in the long run compared to using the B&D bonnets.

On your machine, I wouldn't advise to use wool. You can use the 3M pads on all the 3 steps you mentioned.

Try visiting http://groups.msn.com/PinasDetailing

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    slayer,

It's my first time to post here. Hopefully I'll be of help to you.

If the RO you own is the KP600, I'd go with the 3M 5.25" waffle pads irmscher mentioned. They're very good all-around pads, and you'll be able to use it with a number of different products like, cleaners, swirl removers, and glazes.

You'll need to buy some adhesive backed velcro tape and attach it to the backing plate of your KP600. This modification will allow you to make use of the velcro backed 3M waffle pads.

The waffle pads are available in Hans Tools for roughly P280. I suggest you get at least two so you'll always have fresh one in the event you plan on doing multiple detailing steps on your car.

Check out this detailing site: http://groups.msn.com/PinasDetailing

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Everyone,

Thanks for the inputs. :cool:

What pads to use?