New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i saw that black and decker sa ace costing around 2t+ is that any good at all?

Quote Originally Posted by zildjian
    i saw that black and decker sa ace costing around 2t+ is that any good at all?
    I have one. It does its job. Freebies are pretty useless. If your buying this, better purchase some velcro strips and waffle pads from true value.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    what's an rop?

andy

ROP - Random Orbital Polisher. Tama ba? hehehe. You can use this for wax, polish, cleaner wax application.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep random orbit polisher. according to autopia its the safest machine for newbies and their recommendation is the 7424 porter cable which i doubt if available here and if it is available price might be above 5t pesos.

ild, yan nga problema ko kung may mga foam or mf pads na mabibili dahil sabi dun sa ace wala daw cla accessories para dun at sabi pa ay okay na daw yung kasama. heheh medyo natawa lang ako at sabi ko okay. natatangal ba backing plate? heheh stupid question of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by zildjian
    yep random orbit polisher. according to autopia its the safest machine for newbies and their recommendation is the 7424 porter cable which i doubt if available here and if it is available price might be above 5t pesos.
    You'd be better of with a Rotary, but practice muna hehehe.

ild, yan nga problema ko kung may mga foam or mf pads na mabibili dahil sabi dun sa ace wala daw cla accessories para dun at sabi pa ay okay na daw yung kasama. heheh medyo natawa lang ako at sabi ko okay. natatangal ba backing plate? heheh stupid question of mine...
    BTW mine is the B & D KP600. Di natatangal ang backing plate, pag wala kang makita sa ace, true value or hans, try going to Simex in Kamias, baking plate of the KP 600 is around 6" more or less so that will give you an idea on pad size you need to purchase.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for gurus yata ang mga rotary sa mga nagsisimula na katulad ko ay rop lang dapat.

ild, thanks!

pinadala na ng toyota makati plate at or cr ng car ko kaya pwede na ako magpunta sa southmall muna. makakalabas na rin ng cavite sa wakas.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    try to look for Bosch GEX or DeWalt 443. these have powerful motors and won't bog down when you apply pressure. although medyo maingay ang DeWalt--you won't be able to hear anybody with the racket you're causing.

Rotaries--there can be only one I can recommend. Makita 9227. but this is a different animal altogether.
    Last edited by chain; June 6th, 2005 at 05:33 PM.

what locally available rop would you recommend?