New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hello,

it was unfortunate last saturday while i was bringing out the car from our garage that the winds suddenly blew and caused our gate to slam on our car. it scratched the car that a small portion of the body was totally scraped, leaving the metal exposed. i'm afraid that this exposed metai part may lead to rust. i know that i should have it covered with masilya atleast. i have car insurance and i expect to have it fixed. the only problem is that i would not be able to have it fixed within the next month and i don't want to do anything with the damage till i have it inspected by the insurance company. so i would like to ask some suggestions on what i could do to make sure that the exposed metal portion does not lead to rust.

thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowsalman View Post
    hello,

it was unfortunate last saturday while i was bringing out the car from our garage that the winds suddenly blew and caused our gate to slam on our car. it scratched the car that a small portion of the body was totally scraped, leaving the metal exposed. i'm afraid that this exposed metai part may lead to rust. i know that i should have it covered with masilya atleast. i have car insurance and i expect to have it fixed. the only problem is that i would not be able to have it fixed within the next month and i don't want to do anything with the damage till i have it inspected by the insurance company. so i would like to ask some suggestions on what i could do to make sure that the exposed metal portion does not lead to rust.

thanks
    You could buy a paint duplicator for you car. Usually you can get those at car dealership where you bought your car. Just tell theme your car model, year and color Im sure one is readily for you.

About that exposed metal...dont worry it takes many,many days before you start worrying.

what to do with exposed metal