New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Well mostly people will say .."hey i like the color of my car..its me dude".

Some will really argue that the color of their car is the best ever.

but some will say "ahh its a mistake" or "it's not really my choice" or "its not me"

rumors are:
    red = takaw accident and takaw pansin.
    black = para sa mga bigatin(oppss bigatin may ari nya) but takaw din sa accident kasi di gaano nagre reflect ng light.
    ang lastly, but i don't think na rumors pa rin kasi factual ito, black or any other dark colored cars are super init pag nabilad sa init mas mainit kaysa other light colored cars.
    white = mahirap linisin but tipid sa aircon (it minimizes the absorbtion of heat)

I don't know if there's a statistic about these.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    There are statistics re car colors and the incidence of accidents among them, just try to Google it.

However, I don't let these statistics or stereotypes about colors influence my color choices for a particular vehicle. Ako, kung ano yung bagay na kulay sa isang model ng auto para sa 'kin, yun ang kukunin ko. Isa pa, I believe nasa nagmamaneho yan kung gano kadalas ka mabangga.;)

Mahilig talaga ako sa red pag sa sedan that's why Habanero Red ang kinuha ko for my FD. The only disadvantage I see is that mahirap siyang hanapan ng touch-up paint kasi di nila makuha yung exact shade nung color.

Undeniably, I don't like the color of my car. I prefer the monotone of either white or black. As I am after of the mods and aftermarket 'borloloy' that I'll gonna do to my future car.

When I purchase my car(2nd hand), the availability of the latest model 06 was the one i chosen and nothing more. My GF settled for it coz she said it is formal and fit for a medium sedan. So we finalize to get that car. I don't have much regrets since I got the latest model and that color doesn't bother me after all.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i like black...mas na a-ppreciate ko kasi paglilinis ko pag makikita mo kung gano kakintab ang black.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hmmm. Throughout my life, the only car colors I've had are beige (1), silver gray (2), midnight blue (1), red(1), green (1), and gold (4).Yung beige, I liked kasi visible siya pero cool at hindi dumihin. It's rare that a color like that is available nowadays though. Yung silver gray, OK din pero kung maitim ang shade, hindi masyado visible (i.e., binangga ako). Yung blue at green, mainit sa loob, bukod pa sa hindi masyadong visible (pero hindi ako binangga). Yung red, OK naman siya very visible, moderate temperature, kaya lang very visible din ang dumi (depende sa tingkad).The gold is like the beige -- wala akong makitang disadvantage -- kaya I've had 4!! Gold is the new beige! ahahaha.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    White is a headturner. Pero it's not just the ride, it's the rider hahahaha. Mas madaling makita white, pag pinupunasan ko nga parang ayoko na umakyat gusto ko na lang punasan palagi hehehehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    White is a headturner. Pero it's not just the ride, it's the rider hahahaha. Mas madaling makita white, pag pinupunasan ko nga parang ayoko na umakyat gusto ko na lang punasan palagi hehehehe
    head turner ha? road hazard din pala ang masyadong pansining driver ano?..lol.. ano?..... just a thought lang..seguro daming banggaan pag dumaan si Tbabe ano?..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mitsubishi officially describes my car's color as Ravena Gold, sort of a dark olive. Ok naman ang itsura niya, especially pag malinis.

Although there are times na parang kulangot ang tingin ko sa kanya. :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The single-stage enamel paint on my w123 300D is color coded DB 681, known as "Manila Beige" (hence my username) and it's surely a classic color. Not everybody likes it, I've heard people say it looks like vomit, while others love the color. It's not too faded unlike Light Ivory (DB 623) or not too yellow as Sahara Beige, or even Gold.

On the other hand, the "Pearl Black Metallic" paint on the 300TE is a more modern approach for a classic car, hence the car looks much more modern than ones that have the more colorful single-stage versions. It also helps that the body cladding is the "2nd gen" type of the w124 not the old type with just a strip of plastic down the middle of the side panels.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    In my years of driving, I've gone thru several car colors,
    namely - maroon, grey, red, blue, and lately - white.

I find that white (basta pirmi lang malinis) has become
    my favorite car color. It makes the car look bigger and more
    impressive. Also, mas pansinin ang puti so the added safety
    factor during heavy rain and at night.

Ang downside lang, madaling mapansin kung may mud
    splatters and other forms of grime. OK lang, masipag naman
    ako "magkuskos" and I make sure that my ride's color is
    always "sparkling white"!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What can you say about your car color?