New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magaling ba sila sa paghabol sa panels na nag fade na?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magaling pare!

1k = acrylic paint
    2k = polyurethane paint

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    am kinda hesitant to ask this. Do you guys paint wheel covers? I have an original JDM wheel covers for my corolla. Mga how much do they charge so i can save money for it. thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think it would be better to go to wheel restoration shops for that. try DKC or promaster along p. tuazon cubao.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    This auto paint shop did my car about 3 mos. ago.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v301/M...t=IMG_0589.jpg

My car is picture # 18 of 70.

Mr Raul, Babe's and their kuya Danny supervised the job on my car like as their own. Having my confidence with the brother's business, they took care of it and was really thankful for a damn good job. I even saw them worked on the detailing themselves before releasing my car. My car paint that looks like an old taxi before has been restored to an even good looking car than a brand new one. It's mirror finish impressed our car club members and most of the car paintshops that I know of. Even my neighbors are amazed on the transformation of my old Mitsubishi Lancer.

I congratulate the three brother's and all the staff of Tuason Auto Paint Technology, Inc for an excellent job.
    Last edited by blackknight; March 11th, 2005 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackknight
    I even saw them worked on the detailing themselves before
    releasing my car.
    Sir am just curious, did they put wax you your newly painted car? Or they just polished it? AFAIK, you have to wait 2 to 3 mos before waxing a newly painted car to allow it to cure.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    After the painting process is done, I think they used a polishing compound for the top coat finish. I heard also from other paint shops and detailers like Meguire's that it is not recommended to apply waxes for about four to six months to let the top coat dry and cure. And also not to use car cover. But you can use a liquid type polish compound instead. I don't really know if this is true as this is my first time experience on polyurethane paints. I inquired with the "wet look" if I can use waxes, but unfortunately recommended polish compound instead for the mean time. I just use a car shampoo to clean my cars exterior. Some experts even told me not to use waxes for a while since the polishing compound used by the shop is an industrial type that lasts for a long time (just don't know how long and how true is this). From too much excitement when I got the car, I already bought three kinds of waxes for my car paints protection. 3M's liquid wax, Cyclone metallic finish polish and turtle wax carnauba but haven't used any yet. Please comment and advice,if any; re: hands on experience on polyurethane (Max Mayer Paint). Thanks.

Tama advise nila. Don't wax your car just yet. Wait 2 or 3 months for the paint to cure. What paint did they use?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    max mayer gamit nila. before that, lesonal... ICI autocolor before that naman :D

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    well just be sure iisa lang chemical na ginagamit nyo minsan pag halo halo nasisira yung paint

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast