New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    *monty_GTV: Sa AG madami ng sumubok. Lasts for at least 2 months for most.

*red_one: yup. Not planning on using it until after 1 month. Thinking of getting 3M Imperial Glaze muna. May sachet ba nito? I don't want to buy a bottle that I would be using for a few times only.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ang age ng paint naman hindi iyong pagkadeliver sayo nung car eh dun pa lang magiistart. Take note sa driver's jamb ng car kung anong manufacturing date. From then on pwede ka na magbilang pero as far as I know pwede mo nang i-detail agad pagkakuha mo ng kotse. Maraming kasa may in-house detailer sila so hindi mo malalaman kung ano na pinahid/nilagay nila dun bago mo pa lang makuha yung car, unless you specified na wag galawin pati mga plastic at covers sa hood at roof.

Ibang story naman kapag nagpa-repaint ka. I had both of my passenger doors repainted kasi somebody keyed my car nung 3-weeks old pa lang yun. The bodyshop used DuPont paint and the painter told me no waxing within 30 days daw so the paint can "fully breathe".

In regards to wax or sealant, i guess the difference would be quite subtle. Since I don't have sealant at hand, i just used car polish+car wax with a DA buffer and the result is perfection!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shok View Post
    *red_one: yup. Not planning on using it until after 1 month. Thinking of getting 3M Imperial Glaze muna. May sachet ba nito? I don't want to buy a bottle that I would be using for a few times only.
    Buy the 16 oz. bottle. It will not be wasted. You can use glaze before applying wax or sealant later. It produces wet look, more shine and deep gloss. Some products combine Polish and Glaze into one, e.g. Meguiar's Ultimate Polish.

the normal detailing process is:

Wash > Clay* > Polish* > Glaze* > Wax/Sealant > Quick Detailer & Spray Wax

*Clay if paint has embedded surface contaminants
    *Polish if paint has swirl marks and minor scratches. Polish is abrasive so can remove swirls and scratches.
    *Glaze if you want more shine and gloss. Pure glaze has no abrasive components. It contains oils and wetting agents.
    Last edited by red_one; August 25th, 2014 at 08:27 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wouldn't applying glaze before the wax/sealant affect the durability of the wax/sealant layer because it's not bonded directly to the prepped surface? What I mean is why not use a long lasting sealant glaze like ksg later instead of the imperial hand glaze by 3m?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shok View Post
    Wouldn't applying glaze before the wax/sealant affect the durability of the wax/sealant layer because it's not bonded directly to the prepped surface? What I mean is why not use a long lasting sealant glaze like ksg later instead of the imperial hand glaze by 3m?
    first, why waste a good product like 3M Glaze. second, if you are afraid that it will affect durability of the sealant, then apply sealant first, and then apply glaze. but really, glaze should have no affect on durability of the sealant so it is applied prior to wax or sealant.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Mga sir, what if palaging nauulanan yung car kasi newly repainted yung hood and bumber? Wala kasi bubong driveway.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Mga sir, what if palaging nauulanan yung car kasi newly repainted yung hood and bumber? Wala kasi bubong driveway.

Probably The best you could do on a car surface without surface protection (wax/sealant)
    such as your case kasi Newly painted panel, hose it down nalang if time permits,
    lessens the chance of contaminants sticking to your paint,
    our rain isnt car paint friendly kasi.

Or, naisip ko lang, and dont qoute me on this,
    Hindi pwede kasi yung mga hand applied waxes and sealant because of the pressure it creates
    Sa surface, why not try a wash and wax car shampoo pag naglilinis ka kotse.
    Somehow siguro this gives you peace of mind na kahit papano may wax yung surface.
    Just be sure na hindi ka lang nagaaply ng pressure sa newly painted surfaces

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012

if the paint is not yet fully cured, i suggest applying glaze for some protection at least. new paint is susceptible to damage from acid rain because it is softer than old (cured) paint. after the rain, wash the car and re-apply glaze. after the curing period is over, you can polish and apply wax/sealant.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012

if the paint is not yet fully cured, i suggest applying glaze for some protection at least. new paint is susceptible to damage from acid rain because it is softer than old (cured) paint. after the rain, wash the car and re-apply glaze. after the curing period is over, you can polish and apply wax/sealant.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    May nabili akong sachet ng 3M paint protector. Ito nga ba ang imperial hand glaze repack nila?
    May paint shop safe label sa labas at pareho ang nakasulat sa likod.
    Kung IHG nga ito, mas mura pa per ml ang sachet kasi 650Php/500ml bottle nito while 60Php/50ml lang ang sachet.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1409788113566.jpg   1409788049636.jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Wax or Sealant on New Paint?