New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Mga Sirs, pano kaya matatanggal yung watermarks sa body ng kotse kung glass coated na siya? Usually kase diba sa ordinary paint ay wax lang tanggal na? Hindi ko pa sinusubukan sabunin kase nga sa advertisement ng glass coating no shampoo and wax for 3-5 years. Medyo confused lang po. Salamat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Some QD's have cleaning properties that can remove minor watermarks. Pwede rin ang white vinegar with water solution - mga 50:50 ratio.

You can also ask whoever coated your car if they have certain spray-on solution to remove watermarks. CarPro (for CQuartz) have one called Spotless, which can take out watermarks for glass-coated surfaces - kinda pricey lang.

One I haven't tried yet, but might work, is yung cleaner wax. Wax sya na mas may cleaners than normal wax, so tanggal ang existing wax if meron prior to application. Pag yung normal carnauba kasi, either wala or super konti ng cleaners so di rin talaga matatanggal ang watermarks.

Lastly, baka naman pwede mo ibalik sa nagcoat para sila ang magtanggal. :D Yung akin binalik ko lang recently kaya ko nalaman na may spray-on na sila - di nga lang for sale for the time being.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinzilla View Post
    Some QD's have cleaning properties that can remove minor watermarks. Pwede rin ang white vinegar with water solution - mga 50:50 ratio.

You can also ask whoever coated your car if they have certain spray-on solution to remove watermarks. CarPro (for CQuartz) have one called Spotless, which can take out watermarks for glass-coated surfaces - kinda pricey lang.

One I haven't tried yet, but might work, is yung cleaner wax. Wax sya na mas may cleaners than normal wax, so tanggal ang existing wax if meron prior to application. Pag yung normal carnauba kasi, either wala or super konti ng cleaners so di rin talaga matatanggal ang watermarks.

Lastly, baka naman pwede mo ibalik sa nagcoat para sila ang magtanggal. :D Yung akin binalik ko lang recently kaya ko nalaman na may spray-on na sila - di nga lang for sale for the time being.
    Tinawagan ko yung nag glass coat sakin. Sabi nila sabunin ko lang daw para mawala watermarks. Ok lang po kya kahit mag 1 week na yung watermarks sa paint? Malambot pa kaya yun para kayanin ng sabon?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    I assume di sya kaya tanggalin nung hinugasan mo yung kotse mo with water. I also assume you tried washing the car with car shampoo. If both assumptions are correct, di rin sya matatanggal ng sabon, but you can definitely try - no harm in trying. :D

As for the watermarks being a week old, the general rule is to take them out as soon as possible (ideal scenario is to wash the car as soon as you get home when it got rained on - but that's not feasible if araw-araw ang ulan, right?). I'm sure kaya yan matanggal even after a month - with the right tools/chemicals. Have you tried using your quick detailer? If that doesn't work, seriously, try out the vinegar solution I mentioned. it won't eat through your glass coating. Your coating should be able to withstand the pH of the vinegar solution - if not, you chose the wrong coating hehehe. Or if you have the cleaner wax, try that as well.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, medyo hard ang water natin dito sa Pinas, or at least in most areas of this country. Meaning, possible na kung binuhusan mo lang ng tubig yung kotse after it rained to take out the rain water, mag-watermarks pa rin dahil sa minerals na nasa tap water natin. If you can attach a filter to your faucet, it might help lessen the chance of your tap water causing the watermarks later on. I learned that the hard way. I was advised by the guys who coated my car na buhusan ng tap water pag naulanan in case di ko kayang hugasan agad. So a month after getting getting coated (and washing every time it gets rained on), I got home late and didn't have time to wash so binuhusan ko ng tap water to get rid of rain water. Kinabukasan, nag-watermark yung mga nag pool at nag dry na tap water. After that, if it rained and I cannot wash, I leave it as is. Mas di pa nag-watermark yun (compared sa unfiltered tap water).

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinzilla View Post
    I assume di sya kaya tanggalin nung hinugasan mo yung kotse mo with water. I also assume you tried washing the car with car shampoo. If both assumptions are correct, di rin sya matatanggal ng sabon, but you can definitely try - no harm in trying. :D

As for the watermarks being a week old, the general rule is to take them out as soon as possible (ideal scenario is to wash the car as soon as you get home when it got rained on - but that's not feasible if araw-araw ang ulan, right?). I'm sure kaya yan matanggal even after a month - with the right tools/chemicals. Have you tried using your quick detailer? If that doesn't work, seriously, try out the vinegar solution I mentioned. it won't eat through your glass coating. Your coating should be able to withstand the pH of the vinegar solution - if not, you chose the wrong coating hehehe. Or if you have the cleaner wax, try that as well.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, medyo hard ang water natin dito sa Pinas, or at least in most areas of this country. Meaning, possible na kung binuhusan mo lang ng tubig yung kotse after it rained to take out the rain water, mag-watermarks pa rin dahil sa minerals na nasa tap water natin. If you can attach a filter to your faucet, it might help lessen the chance of your tap water causing the watermarks later on. I learned that the hard way. I was advised by the guys who coated my car na buhusan ng tap water pag naulanan in case di ko kayang hugasan agad. So a month after getting getting coated (and washing every time it gets rained on), I got home late and didn't have time to wash so binuhusan ko ng tap water to get rid of rain water. Kinabukasan, nag-watermark yung mga nag pool at nag dry na tap water. After that, if it rained and I cannot wash, I leave it as is. Mas di pa nag-watermark yun (compared sa unfiltered tap water).
    Thanks for the inputs sir. I'll try washing it with shampoo first then if it doesn't work I'll try the vinegar. Pag ayaw pa talaga gagamitan ko na ng wax. Badtrip ang akala ko pa naman ang effect ng glasscoating is watermarks free. May maintenance pa din pala. Napanisip tuloy ako ngayon "para saan pa na nag glass coat ako?" Hahahaha!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Sir anong brand ng glass coat ginamit sa inyo? Kasi sir even nka glasscoat, we are still required to use car shampoo and not water alone. If that is a carpro product, you can check on spotless / reset.

I also suggest after you we're able to remove the watermarks, check on carpro reload to have it well protected against these minerals

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *vinzilla: Binuhusan mo ng tap water to get rid of rain water pero did you wipe dry afterwards? Wala dapat watermarks kahit tap water ang gamitin.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Drichmeister View Post
    Thanks for the inputs sir. I'll try washing it with shampoo first then if it doesn't work I'll try the vinegar. Pag ayaw pa talaga gagamitan ko na ng wax. Badtrip ang akala ko pa naman ang effect ng glasscoating is watermarks free. May maintenance pa din pala. Napanisip tuloy ako ngayon "para saan pa na nag glass coat ako?" Hahahaha!

No such thing as watermarks-free, kahit anong coating pa yan. None of the providers here (and abroad) will guarantee that either. The most they can say is it can resist watermarks better, but that does not mean it's watermark-proof.

May maintenance pa rin talaga... pero mas forgiving na sya sa swirls and scratches kaysa kung hindi ka naka-glass coat. No need to wax din, although, personally, I like the act of waxing - therapeutic sa akin e.

Wala rin talagang anything na maintenance-free as far as your car's paint is concerned. Pwedeng less maintenance. Pwede mo gamitin kotse mo any way you want, no glass coating needed. Let anyone wash it however they want. Enjoy your car and use it to your liking. Then after a year or 2, itakbo mo na lang sa detailing shop para malinis nila ang pintura at maibalik ang gloss. Mukhang bago na uli! Point is, to maximize the effectivity of the glass coating, you need to maintain it properly pa rin. I saw mine having some light scratches here and there - regardless of how careful I am when washing the car. Pero alam ko na kung wala yung glass coat, most likely mas grabe ang inabot ng pintura ko.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    *vinzilla: Binuhusan mo ng tap water to get rid of rain water pero did you wipe dry afterwards? Wala dapat watermarks kahit tap water ang gamitin.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    DIdn't wipe it afterwards. Baka magsagas e. Take note, umulan, maputik sa sides, and since may alikabok rin na naulanan yung hood and roof, naging parang maduming water din sila. I rinsed them off with tap water. Buhos lang since walang water source sa basement parking. When I was satisfield na wala nang rain water, I stopped.

If I wiped them dry, baka magasgas since I'm pretty sure the panels are still dirty.

But yes, IF I wiped them dry, wala dapat watermarks kahit tap water ang gamitin. In fact, kahit di ko gamitan ng tap water, if I wiped the rain water off (with the help of QD), wala rin watermarks (I know because I've done it with the old car). Hehehe... Di ko lang talaga gawain magpunas ng maduming sasakyan. I only wipe when I finish washing/rinsing the car OR when I'm just doing maintenance with QD (with the car relatively clean to begin with). Kahit kasi super ok na microfiber pa ang gamit (or even drying towel), sa dumi ng panels, I'm sure susuko ang MF towel at gagasgas na sa coating/paint yung dumi.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Rain water won't cause water marks ... Tap water does ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast