New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    do you have a polisher for removing wax?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    do you have a polisher for removing wax?

I dont. Please enlighten me why would I need it? I should be putting wax and not removing it, right?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dhome1105 View Post
    I bought my car to be my slave by making me look good! Just kidding.

I consider detailing as a small hobby, and just like any hobby you want to be proud of it maski na sa sarili lang. Nakakahiya lang sa event kasi pormal pormalan tapos sobrang alikabok ng sasakyan. kapag nasagi mo pa dumi agad ng damit mo.
    Hindi naman siguro nakakahiya. I mean, I think everyone knows naman you're from out of town. Now, if it were a car event, then yes, appearances count. Otherwise, ikaw naman magdadala sa sarili mo (in a manner of speaking), not the car you drive or the state it is in. Kung sobrang dumi, it can even be an ice breaker. :D

Don't get me wrong. I do admire your dedication in keeping your car clean. I guess most of us go through that phase at some point in time as car owners. But because of the environment here in our country, it's impossible to keep it spotless for more than a few minutes.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I won't bother to wash my car during a trip. I also enjoy detailing and don't let anyone else wash my car BUT as you and others have said, don't be a slave to your car. Just enjoy your vacation.

OR you can do what I do which is I never use my car on long trips Feeling ko kasi nalalaspag car pag bina biyahe sa malayo (that's just me) You can borrow a car from your parents or grandparents or rent a car so you don't have to worry about your car getting dirty.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    One quick downpour on NLEX and your squeaky clean car is gone.

I travel the North every week and the longest I've kept my car clean is 3 days. Either it rains or the dust is just too much.

Futile IMO. I used to care about swirlmarks, but I realized if anyone travels as much as I do (4,000 km a month), it's impossible to keep the car absolutely swirl-free.

And for most people, my car still looks better than an immaculately clean car with stock rims. So detailing is really an exercise in futility for me.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    before travel, wash and wax your car. during your travel, bring along your quick detailer or wax. there should be a good carwash shop in Baguio where you can have your car wash then after you can do your quick detailing before the event you are attending.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dhome1105 View Post
    I dont. Please enlighten me why would I need it? I should be putting wax and not removing it, right?
    im diagnosing if you have a sickness 😉

rinseless wash is perfect... just ask a shop to pressure wash any dirt then you safely do the rinseless wash youself.

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Just park it na lang somewhere far then you walk your way to the event. People there won't see your dusty car.

With the long trip that you got planned... it's really impossible to still have a clean car by the time you get to your event.

I think you should just resist the urge to clean it and make it look good for the event... it is just a temporary or short term pleasure in exchange of a long term regret of having swirl marks/scratches on your paint. Believe me, you might feel good with a squeaky clean car on the event, but at the back of your mind you're very uneasy because you're pretty sure you have gifted your car with some scars from that 2 minutes of fame. ;)

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    im diagnosing if you have a sickness 😉

rinseless wash is perfect... just ask a shop to pressure wash any dirt then you safely do the rinseless wash youself.

Hahahaha! Binibenta pa naman ng brother ko yung polisher nya sakin.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Narealize ko lang, Im just in the phase na "bago pa kasi" kaya OA sa OC. Parang bagong cellphone lang, dahan dahan nilalapag pero after a while hinahagis na lang. not sure kung ako lang dumadaan sa ganitong stage kaya pagpasensyahan nyo na. Sakyan na lang kung masasakyan.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Travelling for a 9 days, go to Carwash or DIY Waterless Car wash?