New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    I have a dilemma, I have been taking really good care of my new car and washing it all by myself using methods I have researched to avoid swirl marks. We're doing a north loop road trip, and on the 7th day I will be attending an event in Baguio. The trip will start from Baler going further north to Pagudpud with stop overs to Ilagan and Tuguegarao. Of course I took good care of my car and I want people to see my car looking good or at least clean. I'm afraid to go to just go to any carwash because it may just ruin everything I did to prevent swirl marks. I am also afraid of waterless car wash as it may be too dirty for a waterless car wash plus I haven't done it. Any suggestion other than driving the car dirty hehe? Maybe you know a really good car wash in Baguio?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    at the least, bring your own car wash kit (e. g. wash mitts, shampoo, chamois, MF towel). if you have the time, place, and water source, do it yourself. worst case find a car wash and let them use your kit. I guide mo na lang ang boy.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sphinxz View Post
    at the least, bring your own car wash kit (e. g. wash mitts, shampoo, chamois, MF towel). if you have the time, place, and water source, do it yourself. worst case find a car wash and let them use your kit. I guide mo na lang ang boy.
    Ah tama, I can bring my own car wash kit and have them use it. Marami kasi ako nakikitang car wash na isang MF lang gamit from top to bottom, may naexperience na din ako same MF gamit sa body and wheels.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    On long trips such as that, keeping the car clean becomes pretty low on my list. I suggest that you just drive it and treat it as a utility as it was designed to be, albeit, carefully. More importantly, enjoy the trip, your company, the places, venues, etc., and be safe. Don't worry about the car being dusty and muddy, it won't hurt it. Just worry about the clean-up when you get back home.

I myself has relegated to once-a-week or every-other-week car washes. Don't be your own car's slave.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    yup. yung iba malalaglag pa sa sahig. huhugasan lang then punas ulit sa car. for that case you should bring extra towels and mitts. and should observe para di ka masalisihan. hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Agreed on taking your own wash kit.

From personal experience, you should wash and wax before the trip even begins. Dust the car off, wipe it down, and do touchups during stopovers.

Try to avoid doing a full wash during your trip unless you end up driving through rain or mud.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    na observe ko rin mas careful sila kapag pinahiram mo ng gamit mo. much more if you guide them.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    On long trips such as that, keeping the car clean becomes pretty low on my list. I suggest that you just drive it and treat it as a utility as it was designed to be, albeit, carefully. More importantly, enjoy the trip, your company, the places, venues, etc., and be safe. Don't worry about the car being dusty and muddy, it won't hurt it. Just worry about the clean-up when you get back home.

I myself has relegated to once-a-week or every-other-week car washes. Don't be your own car's slave.
    Agree.
    You bought it to serve you..not the other way around.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

I bought my car to be my slave by making me look good! Just kidding.

I consider detailing as a small hobby, and just like any hobby you want to be proud of it maski na sa sarili lang. Nakakahiya lang sa event kasi pormal pormalan tapos sobrang alikabok ng sasakyan. kapag nasagi mo pa dumi agad ng damit mo.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalHermit View Post
    Agreed on taking your own wash kit.

From personal experience, you should wash and wax before the trip even begins. Dust the car off, wipe it down, and do touchups during stopovers.

Try to avoid doing a full wash during your trip unless you end up driving through rain or mud.

Will probably re-wax before the day before the trip.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Travelling for a 9 days, go to Carwash or DIY Waterless Car wash?