New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Any tips for waxing a silver colored clear coated car? Kahit Wax ko sya parang walang nangyayari. Any specific brand of wax that is good for silver colored?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Silver like white is not a shiny color unlike black or dark colors. It should be shiny if you are not 90 deg from it. For example in my silver car I can see rain droplets coming down from the garage roof while waxing the roof and hood.

You may want to put glaze first before the wax. I haven't tried it pero from what I read... Wax is for protection not for making it shiny, side-effect lang ng wax ang pagkashiny. Ang glaze ata ang magpapashine since it will fill in the micro scratches. Anyway lets wait for the experts answers.

One good trait for silver is that it looks less dirty unlike the shiny colors like black or dark colors when dirt is present.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Oo nga pag silver puro reflection gloss with kaunting deep shine laang..
    non silver base metallic color have superb both deep shine & gloss luk..when applying high quality detailling kit

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    OK sakin yung 1step polish&wax for maintenance..get the cheapest or else open budget ka..

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Thanks sa mga input. Nakakainis kasi silver hindi sya nag deep yung color parang wala lang yung wax, kahit gamitan ko ng glaze.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    it is usual na nagkakaroon ng libag ang pintura. so i suggest before placing the glaze and wax. use turtle wax polishing compount. iba pa to sa turtle rubbing compount. its basically a cream that desolves the thin layer of dirt one the paint. after using the polish you will notice that mas buhay ang paint. then you can protect it will the glaz and wax.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    inggit ako sa silver ng Audi..iba yung kintab nila..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    baka po nano ceramics na gamit nila..>>the most durable clear coat..hehe..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Porsche, Audi and VW silver, the best in my books

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    at least mas madali i maintain ung silver kesa black and white colors.. dapat sana noon pa ko nag silver...

Tips for Silver Colored Clear Coated Car