New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Medyo napabayaan ko na ang Pajero Fieldmaster ko and medyo marami na ring scratches.

The scope of the work;
    repaint scratched bumpers (3 corners)
    repaint spare tire cover
    pukpok or pdr apple-sized bump (w/o scratch or chip sa paint)
    retouch/rubbing light scratches sa side door and running board

Do you think may shop na kaya gawin ito in let's say 5 hours or less? Preferably in Banawe area para mapaayos ko na rin yung sirang antenna and sound system?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ewan ko lang kung may shop na papayag na while-u-wait, but that scope of work can actually be done within 5 hours or less, assuming the following -

the scratched bumper is only a scratch - i.e. no filler or bodywork required
    the dented panel can be repaired by PDR - i.e. again no filler or bodywork required

if both those are true siguro kaya na yan ng half a day. but here's something you have to ask yourself - paint dries within an hour (so that you can safely touch it), but doesn't fully cure until after 24 hours - which means it's vulnerable to contamination, getting re-scratched, wet, etc. during that time. do you want to take the risk in driving the vehicle around during that time?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by garci View Post
    Medyo napabayaan ko na ang Pajero Fieldmaster ko and medyo marami na ring scratches.

The scope of the work;
    repaint scratched bumpers (3 corners)
    repaint spare tire cover
    pukpok or pdr apple-sized bump (w/o scratch or chip sa paint)
    retouch/rubbing light scratches sa side door and running board

Do you think may shop na kaya gawin ito in let's say 5 hours or less? Preferably in Banawe area para mapaayos ko na rin yung sirang antenna and sound system?
    what's the rush? these are damages that piled up through a long period of time. i wouldn't recommend speeding up the process. Allot at least a day. too many bad experiences na ko before with minamadaling paint jobs. Nagbu-bubbles, nde same shade, na chip-off ulet kasi nde pa tuyo ng maayos...

you have a nice big ride. let it have some quality repair time.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    ewan ko lang kung may shop na papayag na while-u-wait, but that scope of work can actually be done within 5 hours or less, assuming the following -

the scratched bumper is only a scratch - i.e. no filler or bodywork required
    the dented panel can be repaired by PDR - i.e. again no filler or bodywork required

if both those are true siguro kaya na yan ng half a day. but here's something you have to ask yourself - paint dries within an hour (so that you can safely touch it), but doesn't fully cure until after 24 hours - which means it's vulnerable to contamination, getting re-scratched, wet, etc. during that time. do you want to take the risk in driving the vehicle around during that time?
    sorry paps, nde ko nakita post mo.. same lang pala halos thought ng post naten.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    there's no impossible when it comes to banawe work but the primary question would be the quality of the job because of the time frame you're asking. IMO banawe or separate paint shop, give at least a day or two para naman di madaliin at maging maayos kalabasan ng trabaho.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    In theory, you can rush the paint job.

But the paint won't cure right.

You'll spend more, because you'll have it done again, properly I hope, this time around.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    someone has been watching too many episodes of OVERHAULIN' ...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There is a shop along Quezon Ave. near Banawe (beside Kausamo Spa), that does minor dent and repair jobs, "while you wait". I doubt of the quality of their works, though.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    ito ang trabaho na dapat di inaapura, else quality will be compromise kahit gaano pa kagaling ang pintor! get it done when your schedule is loose for peace of mind.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    i agree. this is something na dapat tutukan ng time. You shouldn't limit the time, or else it won't come out as nice as you would like to have it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is there any shop than can do repaint jobs "while you wait?"