New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *jon: nice! i actually did something like this before around October but i did it with just some of the basics since if im gonna apply all my waxes i would be pretty much taking into consideration more than 40 different waxes. And another thing is that when i did the tests i didn't know how to properly judge a wax, so when i applied it on the paint, the question running in my head was "ok now what do i do?" and this post really defines them quite nicely in all the possible categories.

Hmmm after seeing your post im gonna definitely try my can of EO nanowax this coming detail session.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    *jon: nice! i actually did something like this before around October but i did it with just some of the basics since if im gonna apply all my waxes i would be pretty much taking into consideration more than 40 different waxes. And another thing is that when i did the tests i didn't know how to properly judge a wax, so when i applied it on the paint, the question running in my head was "ok now what do i do?" and this post really defines them quite nicely in all the possible categories.

Hmmm after seeing your post im gonna definitely try my can of EO nanowax this coming detail session.
    Wow! 40 different waxes! That's a great collection.

I hope you do another test.

If filling defects or scratches would be a category of the test, the Nanowax, NXT 2.0, Reflections Car Wax, Turtle Wax Platinum, and the Autoglym SRP could be tested.

Hope we get to see it. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------
    Jon

My auto detailing experiences:
    http://autodetailingexperience.blogspot.com/

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *jon: haha thats what you get when you become an addict and a fanatic, but i have a lot of waxes that are cheapo waxes, i bought these when i was just starting to get addicted but so far here it goes

Waxes

MicroMagic Liquid Wax

Black Magic Wet Shine Liquid Wax
    Black Magic Carnauba Wax

Blackfire Wet Diamond

TW F21
    TW ICe
    TW Super Hard Shell
    TW Carnauba Cleaner
    TW PUG

Megs 26
    Megs Gold Class
    Megs Nxt
    Megs Nxt 2.0
    Megs Step 3
    Megs 21
    Megs 66
    Megs UQW

Moms Step 3
    Moms Carnauba Cleaner
    Moms FX
    Moms Reflections
    Moms Powerwax

Mark V One shot

EO Nanowax
    Eo Nanowax and polish

Collinite 845
    Collinite 915
    Collinite 476

Dupont Carnauba Wax

Formula 1 Step 3

Duragloss Paste Wax
    Duragloss Aqua Wax

3m Showcar Liquid Wax

Adams Buttery Wax

DP Max Wax

FK hi temp Wax

Optimum Car Wax

P21S Original

Pinnacle Paste Wax

PB Natty Blue

Simoniz Liquid Wax

Prestone Synthetic Wax

Zymol Liquid Wax

21st Element Concours Wax

Soft 99 Dark Metallic Wax

Soft 99 Nano Polish and Wax

Soft 99 Black Wax

Rain Dance Car Wax

Sealants

21st Element High Calibre Sealant

3m Performance Finish

Klasse Sealant

WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Simoniz Diamond Sealant

OPT Opti-Seal
    OPT Poli-seal

PB Ex-sealant

Mark V ip100

Oh yeah BTW, where did you get your Autoglym product? is it available at AG? Im planning on buying Griots, Blackfire, AG, Zaino and more PB next time im having a balikbayan box shipped here, but that would take a really REALLY long time before i buy them, i promised my BF i would stop being too obsessed with waxes, and sadly he does have a point that a majority of these waxes are pretty much the same in a lot of ways and differ in very very minute levels where i feel that some waxes i bought are mostly hype and i feel a bit let down by them maybe because i bought them based on their product description, and so far you're the only person i know that have used other waxes that i have not tried, could you recommend any good waxes, or those with good reviews? I might buy them probably around summer. TIA

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Wow that's really some collection you have there.

While I was browsing the net, I noticed that the Dupont Wax has some filling properties too. This could be included in a test.

The waxes and sealants you mentioned are indeed interesting to try as I have read good things about them. Some of the LSPs that could be added to your list are the Malms Carnauba, Rejex, and the Swissvax (try to check the prices of the Swissvax Crystal Rock and the Swissvax Divine - hehehe ).

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    this test that you are planning is gonna be the one to wait for!
    so that the people may now know which appropriate product to buy for their individual detailing needs...

and BTW just in case you run out of cars with an adequate amount of scratches to test onto the products you've mentioned.....I would be willing to lend mine just so you know if time permits....
    Last edited by locoroco777; January 31st, 2010 at 06:10 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *jon: wow i've never heard about Malms Carnauba and Rejex, but if its a suggestion coming from you im sure its worth trying. I know about how ridiculously expensive Swissvax is especially those two that you mentioned hehe, but im actually considering buying one hahaha but maybe the cheapest they have and check out if their lower end waxes are also great.

*locoroco777: wow thats a great offer, i'll let you know when i have time to make a review and take pictures of those, im thinking it would take a whole weekend for that hehe. But i am also thinking about testing all those waxes that are available locally since i guess there's not much point testing imported waxes since the majority of people never go to that extend of importing waxes. And when i get better and if i need a car with scratches i'll send you a pm. till then i guess i'll just have to recover from cough and colds for now.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    *locoroco777: wow thats a great offer, i'll let you know when i have time to make a review and take pictures of those, im thinking it would take a whole weekend for that hehe. But i am also thinking about testing all those waxes that are available locally since i guess there's not much point testing imported waxes since the majority of people never go to that extend of importing waxes. And when i get better and if i need a car with scratches i'll send you a pm. till then i guess i'll just have to recover from cough and colds for now.
    its nice to hear that from you will certainly look forward to it...

Yep, I think testing the local waxes would also be nice...so we can be aware of the possibility that the local brand of waxes can compete with the imported ones...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Newbie question, I just bought eagle one nano carnauba paste wax, the sales lady told me its a step 1-3 all in one. is it true? and what does carnauba means?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rsyu_88 View Post
    Newbie question, I just bought eagle one nano carnauba paste wax, the sales lady told me its a step 1-3 all in one. is it true? and what does carnauba means?
    There is no such thing as "nano carnauba wax". Scientific mumbo-jumbo words mainly used for promotional purposes.

More on carnauba wax:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-carnauba-wax.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnauba_wax

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rsyu_88 View Post
    Sa Sonata mo gagamitin diba?

Punta ka Big Berts sir. Bili ka sa kanila nung Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. For only 1K pesos.

Sabayan mo na rin ng paint protection kung hindi mo pa napapalagyan.

Crystal White pa naman yan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tested the scratch-filling capability of the Eagle One Nanowax