New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ano ba basic ng car painting..

steps naman dyan..
    nakahiram ako ng compressor eh, pagpapraktisan ko sana ung body ng isang lumang beetle d2 sa amin. tnx

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir marami sa internet mga painting tips. Search ka na lang pero yung basic steps ito:

-identify the area you are going to paint.
    -protect the area around the area you're going to paint.
    -sand the area you're going to paint to remove old paint or rusts.
    -apply anti rust to that area
    -apply putty let dry then sand to smoothen it evenly. you can remove sanding excess with water. repeat if necessary.
    -apply primer paint if necessary. let dry. sand to smoothen it evenly. repeat if necessary.
    -apply the final paint. let dry
    -apply clear coat. let dry

Just be sure you're in a well ventilated area when you do paint jobs. Apply thin coats of paint every pass para mas madaling matuyo, mas madaling i-sand at mas makintab. Basic lang po ito. Just search the internet for professional tips.
    Last edited by jim; September 15th, 2004 at 12:54 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bare Metal.
    1. Strip the Metal with Paint Remover, Then Thoroughly cleaned and dried.
    2. Apply Epoxy Primer/Zinchromate on the entire surface, allowed to dry overnight and sanded
    3. Apply Bodyfiller on dents and imperfections, sand well and feather edge.
    4. Apply Putty to fill minor imperfections, sand well
    5. Apply Primer over the entire area, allow 2 houes before sanding with #400 sandpaper.
    6. Dry the surface well before applying the Colorcoat and TopCoat then sand with #600 or #1000 sandpaper.

medyo general yan Funk, iba iba kasi ang style ng mga pintor, yung iba hindi na gumagamit ng putty or yung iba nag sa-sand pa after mag color coat.

i suggest try mo muna sa isang panel.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang meron atang nalimutan? :D

di ba meron pang sanding sealer after nung sanding ng putty/body filler?
    then bago apply nung paint primer.
    saka yung wax application after sanding ng topcoat para di agad masira yung clear topcoat?

magkaiba rin ang style depende sa klase ng pintura na gagamitin mo kung acrylic based or polyurethane type.

just my 2 cents ;)

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    try ko muna nga sa isang panel lang, yun bang paint na lalagay ko sa spray gun, ano kasama nun? catalyst?

gano ba kadami mixture nun?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    uy fellow DIY'er. Pare kung nag decide ka na polyurethane ang gamitin tutulungan kita. yung una kong pinintahan, basura ang lumabas. pero nung pinintahan ko na yung pajero ko at big bike ni utol, ganda.

baka kasi acrylic ang gagamitin mo, iba ang procedure nyan sa urethane. pero obsolete na yan.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Just waht I needed! So kung polyurethane nga, (i.e anzahl), whats the procedure? Pwede ba di na gumamit ng catalyst para di matuyo yung tira? Balak ko kasi magpagawa sa banawe ng pressurized canister ng touch up paint e. Pwede ba haluan ng konting topcoat yung paint para mas glossy?

Details naman dyan o!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    1. wet sand old paint with #320 sand paper. repair small dents dents with body filler (masilya). Will put details on procedure on masilya on another thread.

2. Apply two coats of anzhal zinc chormate primer on bare metal exposed during sanding. If you're lucky and you did not expose bare metal during sanding you can go straight to spray filler primer. apply two or three coats. sand the next day with #600. you will need to sand out dust particles which adhere to the paint while wet.

Tips: after the first coat of primer the parts which will need further masilya will show. If you need detailed help on masilya just send me a note and I'll be happy to provide details.

3. Make sure all the areas you need to paint with the top coat has been primered. otherwise the top coat will not adhere properly.

4. Apply top coat, 2 to 3 coats. allow to dry for 24 hours. wet sand with #1000 or #1200. #1000 if you have many defects, #1200 if you hate to lose to much of your top coat. this sanding will make the top coat loose it's shine, but don't worry about it.

4. This is the trickiest part. Applying the top coat clear. If you make a mistake here it's very difficult to correct it. Apply two to three coats of top coat clear. Make sure you dont get dry spray or you will lose the kintab.

5. Let the top coat dry for a few days (I let it dry for two weeks) before using the rubbing compound. I use 3M rubbing compound and a grinder with a polishing bonnet.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Tips.

1. Measure out your paints, catalysts, and thinners precisely. I use a clear wide mouth jar where I mark the correct proportions outside the jar using a ruler and pentel pen.

2. The correct proportions are three parts paint, one part catalyst. Then add an equal amount of thinner to double the amount of the solution.

3. It is easier to correct sags rather than dry spray. So don't be too shy with your spray gun. (If you get a sag, wipe gently off with a good pranela).

4. The easiest stage is spraying the primer. the hardest is the top coat clear.

5. Make sure you have a very clean car to start with. Wash car thoroughy before starting to paint and wipe dry, dont just let the water dry off. wipe with paint thinner to remove all traces of oils and grease. Even the oil from your finger can ruin your paint job.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Originally posted by xfreemanx
    Just waht I needed! So kung polyurethane nga, (i.e anzahl), whats the procedure? Pwede ba di na gumamit ng catalyst para di matuyo yung tira? Balak ko kasi magpagawa sa banawe ng pressurized canister ng touch up paint e. Pwede ba haluan ng konting topcoat yung paint para mas glossy?

Details naman dyan o!
    once ma-mix mo yung catalyst sa paint, titigas na yung paint solution within a day, so sa tingin ko hindi mo pwedeng gawing aerosol can ang polyurethane ng anzahl.

I never tried adding top coat color with the top coat clear. super kintab na kasi just with the top coat clear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Teach me BASIC AUTO PAINTING