New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    We all know that the North luzon Expressway is being upgraded. however, whenever i go through it, i get a lot of tar and asphalt near the lower portion of the car. Kinda irritating removing them before they dry out and get harder to remove. How long does it take asphalt on the road to dry out and not get into the car's paint?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    as much as possible strip it na agad, in long run it will penetrate from paint to metal= RUST
    I my self was irritate when removing those. Every weekend as cleaning & maintenance OK since nlex is routine..

removing road tar in my case was easy, by clean 1st w/h20+shampo then aplication of bug&tar remover using hand where surface is still wet to conserv product, allow to soak a minute, then u can rub gently w/wet rug.. it may contradic frm instruction..but it works 4 me..try 1st small area 4 testing..then wax d surface for protection..Im super tired performing spoting, endup to alternative way..hehe..>>moja

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any brand of Bug & Tar remover should do the trick. It's better this than to have bad roads diba?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup tar remover is best, pero pede din ang kerosene sa mga walang budget, pero after kerosene, clean the affected part immediately.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Originally posted by kimpOy
    yup tar remover is best, pero pede din ang kerosene sa mga walang budget, pero after kerosene, clean the affected part immediately.
    pano po yung kerosene puro o me halong tubig?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i tried using kerosene to remove tar...effective nga magtanggal..

what i do is i wash the car first to then i put kerosene in a piece of wet cloth (wag pranela, nakakagasgas kasi) and wipe it in the affected areas until it is removed. after that i wash the car again tapos wax.

guys correct me na lang if i do this in the wrong way. ganito lang kasi ako magtanggal ng road tar eh...

Tar & asphalt