New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    My friend wants to restore their 1st gen Tamaraw FX.

Engine was kept in good condition, so mainly aesthetics lang ang problema.

Saan kaya ito ok dalhin and around magkano kaya ang aabutin nito?

Here are the pics nga pala.

Thanks in advance sa mga inputs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What kind of restoration are they looking at?

Showroom level or just functional for utility?

BTW, need more pics around the external and around the interior.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    What kind of restoration are they looking at?

Showroom level or just functional for utility?

BTW, need more pics around the external and around the interior.
    Sir, hindi naman daw pang showroom, yung tipong maayos lang daw na parang bago. Yung hindi ka daw matatakot na ma-tetano pag sasakay ka

Here are 2 more pics po.

Thanks po sa reply

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I suspect there is more rust and rot under the chassis than what can be seen the pictures.

It might be cheaper to buy a running used FX unit than trying to fix this one up to a condition you want to safely drive it.

From the abuse, I would say this FX was used as a shuttle.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I suspect there is more rust and rot under the chassis than what can be seen the pictures.

It might be cheaper to buy a running used FX unit than trying to fix this one up to a condition you want to safely drive it.

Ganun po ba?

Sige po, sasabihin ko po sa friend ko.

Thanks a lot, Sir

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010

Sir, sabi nung friend ko, ok pa daw po yung chassis nya.

Inalagaan daw po sa pintura yun na natigil lang nung namatay yung dad nya last year.

In fact pinapanghakot pa daw nya ng semento yun for their business.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can find Tamaraw FX units (in good running condition) being sold for P120K to P170K on the buy & sell ads. Some are even at P80K.

If you try to fix all the rust, dents, missing parts, etc on your friend's FX, you would probably spent at least 80K already (parts & labor). And that is not yet counting the cost of redoing or replacing the interior of the FX to make it "presentable".

One example alone, the picture of the door with the rust eaten through the door sill. That might be evidence of more rust damage under the vehicle, hidden from view.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    kung may sentimental value yan, which i believe eh wala kasi nga used for business then ipaayos niyo. malaking trabaho yan. budget ka mga 150k for repairs. but then again hindi pa yun " parang bago " kasi para maging " parang bago " eh talagang major restoration talaga ang kailangan.

i have no idea kung magkano mo mabebenta yan if papalitan mo nalang ng unit pero compute mo nalang kung saan ka makakatipid overall.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    You can find Tamaraw FX units (in good running condition) being sold for P120K to P170K on the buy & sell ads. Some are even at P80K.

If you try to fix all the rust, dents, missing parts, etc on your friend's FX, you would probably spent at least 80K already (parts & labor). And that is not yet counting the cost of redoing or replacing the interior of the FX to make it "presentable".

One example alone, the picture of the door with the rust eaten through the door sill. That might be evidence of more rust damage under the vehicle, hidden from view.
    Naipasok na po namin nung friend ko dun sa sang shop sa may Proj 8. Forgot the name. Hopefully it'll turn out ok.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    kung may sentimental value yan, which i believe eh wala kasi nga used for business then ipaayos niyo. malaking trabaho yan. budget ka mga 150k for repairs. but then again hindi pa yun " parang bago " kasi para maging " parang bago " eh talagang major restoration talaga ang kailangan.

i have no idea kung magkano mo mabebenta yan if papalitan mo nalang ng unit pero compute mo nalang kung saan ka makakatipid overall.
    Yup medyo may sentimental value sabi nung friend ko.

Yun kasi yung 1st vehicle na binili for their business. Kaya gusto nya i-restore.

I'll post pics pag nagawa na po, para makita nyo po.

Thanks po sa inputs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tamaraw FX restoration